EVENT DATE: September 22, 23 & 24th 2016 (*NOTE: This application is a trio application for the Thursday, Friday & Saturday Shows. Performers will be placed according to show format needs/act themes etc.)
THURS SHOW INFO: TBA
FRI & SAT SHOW INFO:CALL TIME: 5pmDOORS/COCKTAIL: 6pm THEATER DOORS: 7pmSHOW: 7:30-9:30pm
***IMPORTANT APPLICATION/PERFORMER NOTES**
****THERE IS AN APPLICATION FEE OF $16.00 PER PERFORMER TO BE PAID VIA PAY PAL. APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED UNLESS THE PAY PAL FEE HAS BEEN PAID. Please fill out your application and after doing so send pay the HBF Application fee via Paypal to: PayPal.Me/ViolettaBeretta808/16 Please note in the payment notes section:1) Your Performer name2) Note "HBF 2016 APPLICATION FEE" MAHALO!
****LOCAL KAMAAINA (HAWAII BASED) PERFORMERS NEED NOT PAY THE APPLICATION FEE. FEE IS WAIVED FOR ALL LOCAL HAWAII RESIDIENTS WISHING TO APPLY! MAHALO!
***YOU DO NOT NEED TO SUBMIT 3 PIECES FOR CONSIDERATION, (2) IS THE MINIMUM, BUT FEEL FREE TO ADD THAT EXTRA JUST TO GIVE US MORE OPTIONS!
**Due to the volume of applicants we cannot review incomplete or incorrect applications. Please follow the instructions or your application will not be processed.
1) Please fill out the required fields below. Also, please email a high resolution JPEG of yourself, labeled with your performer name (EXAMPLE: JackMehoff.jpeg) to: firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting your form.
2) YOU MUST SUBMIT high resolution JPEG WHEN APPLYING! This is the photo we will use to promote you on our website, posters, flyers, with press and online. Save the file as: “your performer name. jpeg” If you do not have one, please submit the best photo you have but be aware that the image may not be able to be used in our PR.
3) Please include/describe (3) acts that you would like to perform at the festival for consideration and variety, as well as ALL technical details NOW.
4) ALL PERFORMERS MUST SUBMIT A URL VIDEO OF THE ACTS THEY ARE SUBMITTING AND PLANNING TO PERFORM. When submitting a video URL, please make sure it is not password protected, and will not expire. Please consider easy sharing sites like youtube or Vimeo. Do not use Members/Friends Only hosts like Facebook. **If there is no video of your performance please do your best to get one made. It does not have to be professional but should be visible and audible.
5) HBF does not cover any travel, lodging or performer expense, unless specified within your acceptance email (in the case of featured performers.) We will provide Performers with a small honorarium for your performance. The amount will be included in your acceptance letter. We strive to show our HBF Performers an AMAZING time here in Hawaii, and to share the beauty of our Island Paradise with our traveling and local performers while we enjoy the Festival! Beach Parties, Waterfall Hikes, Stand up Paddleboarding and Cultural experiences are a few examples of the kind of fun we have while putting on the best damn show in Honolulu!
6) Performances are NOT TO EXCEED 5 MINUTES. NUDITY IS NOT PERMITTED. YOU MUST WEAR PASTIES AND G-STRINGS. NO FIRE ACTS ARE PERMITTED AT THE HBF VENUE CURRENTLY. AERIAL PERFORMANCES ARE ALSO NOT PERMITTED DUE TO VENUE CONSTRAINTS. THE USE OF WATER, GLITTER, POWDER OR ANY OTHER MESSY, LIQUID OR EASILY AIRBORNE SUBSTANCE IS DISCOURAGED BUT WILL BE DEALT WITH ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS.
7) LIGHTING: Venue lighting is LIMITED, so please be aware that we may not be able to accommodate very technically specific requests or performances that require special color gels, very technical lighting effects or extreme follow spots. We are able to accomplish what's required for a great show with the current lighting package available and have the normal range of colors, fades and a selection of specials we can use to great effect.