Parsons Scholars Program Application 2019
Applications are due Friday, October 18, 2019 at 11:59PM.
**Please refer to the Info Booklet on our website before applying or access it here:
It is required for all applicants to attend one Info Session.
Application support will be provided.
Info Sessions Dates:
Friday September 20, 4-6PM
Saturday, September 28, 3-5PM (this is a make up session with limited space, email to RSVP)
Parsons School of Design, The New School
55 West 13th Street, Second Floor: Theresa Lang Center (13th street between Fifth and Sixth Avenues)
New York, NY 10011
Trains: 4/5/6/L/N/Q/R to 14th st/ Union Square. F/L/M to 14th st/Sixth Ave. 1/2/3 to 14th 7th Ave. A/C/E to 14th 8th Ave.
*We will schedule in-person interviews with all eligible applicants, which will be held on-site at Parsons between October 19 and November 8.
WHAT IS THE PARSONS SCHOLARS PROGRAM?
The Parsons Scholars Program is a 2.5-year need-based scholarship program for highly motivated New York City public school students interested in art and design study. Accepted students apply in 10th grade and participate through 12th grade.
Over the course of two and a half years, Parsons Scholars explore a wide variety of studio subjects in Parsons Precollege Academy classes on Saturdays and during Summers. In addition to these classes, students participate in workshops and field trips to gain exposure to art and design fields. Attendance to all programming is mandatory. As twelfth graders, Parsons Scholars complete the program with college credits and a precollege certificate, and are positioned to make informed decisions about college and creative career paths.
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAM INCLUDE?
• Tuition to Parsons pre-college courses
• Art supplies for courses taken
• Transportation to & from class and events
• Lunch after Saturday classes
• 6 college credits
• Guidance through the college application process
• Support from College Mentors, Tutors and Academic Advisors
*NOTE: This is a college prep program and not a college scholarship*
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF PARSONS SCHOLARS?
• Full and on-time attendance to programming on Saturdays during the School year and weekdays during a portion of the Summer.
• Active participation in ALL classes, workshops, field trips and events
• Timely completion of all in and out of class assignments
• Monthly meetings with advisor
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
• 10th graders from NYC public schools
• Students who demonstrate financial need (as determined by NY State HEOP)
• Students with a strong interest and commitment to art & design studies and obtaining a higher education in art & design
• Students in need of art & design opportunities and guidance through the college application process
• Students maintaining a C average or higher
The Parsons Scholars Program uses general income guidelines established by the NY State Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP):
Household Size/ Total Annual Income
1 Person: $22,459
2 People: $30,451
3 People: $38,443
4 People: $46,435
5 People: $54,427
6 People: $62,419
7 People: $70,411
8 People: $78, 403
*For 2019-20, add $7,992 for each additional family member in excess of 8
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply for the Parsons Scholars Program, submit this online application* by Friday, October 19th 2018 at 11:59pm.
*A letter of recommendation also needs to be emailed to
by this date.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS please contact us at
**This application consists of 6 pages, and will not be accepted until complete. It must be completed in one sitting, and you will not be able to make changes once you hit "submit".
To preview questions, enter "TEST" to continue viewing pages, but DO NOT HIT SUBMIT at the end unless you are ready to submit.
Before beginning the application, please use the Info Booklet to prepare answers for all questions regarding your interests and experience.
The Info Booklet can be downloaded on our website. Applications are due Friday October 18th. Your application will not be considered complete until you submit ALL components.
I am ready to continue and am eligible to apply (as a 10th grader attending a NYC public school).
I will come back at another time, or am not eligible (not a 10th grader, or do not attend a NYC public school).
Page 1 of 8
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of newschool.edu.
Terms of Service