- Support an event of national or international significance (such as Canada Day or Edmonton hosting major internatinal events)
- Support of a local festival or event that positively impacts local community spirit
- Support a local, national or international awareness issue that builds community (such as Treaty 6 Recognition Day or End Bullying Pink Shirt Day or World Cancer Day)
Other Recognized Lighting Events
- Acknowledge and welcome visiting dignitaries (such as the Royal Family or international civic officials) hosted by our city
- Tributes or memorial requests for well-documented local or national figures or service members will complement existing City of Edmonton Protocol.
Multi-day requests will not be accepted. The City of Edmonton reserves the right to deny requests that do not merit public support or are mainly personal, private, political, polarizing or commercial in nature.
We do our best to fulfill the eligible requests, but confirmed requests may be modified if a major situation occurs.