- Support an event of national or international significance (such as Canada Day or Edmonton hosting FIFA matches)
- Support of a local festival or event that positively impacts local community spirit (such as Litfest or Oilers home opener)
- Support a local, national or international awareness issue that builds community or is related to community health (such as Rotary Club of Edmonton, Treaty 6 Day or Movember)
- Acknowledge and welcome visiting dignitaries (such as the Royal Family or international civic officials) hosted by our city
- Tributes or memorial requests may be granted for well-documented local or national figures or service members. The lights will complement existing City of Edmonton Protocol for these events
Multi-day requests will not be accepted. The City of Edmonton reserves the right to deny requests that are mainly personal, private, political or commercial in nature.
We do our best to fulfill the calendar, but requests may be changed if a major event occurs.