Light the Bridge Application Form
Applications must be not-for-profit, community-focused and received at least three weeks prior to the requested date. Requests are processed in the order in which they are received and are considered on a case-by-case basis using the following criteria:
- Support an event of national or international significance (such as Canada Day or Edmonton hosting major internatinal events)
- Support of a local festival or event that positively impacts local community spirit
- Support a local, national or international awareness issue that builds community (such as Treaty 6 Recognition Day or End Bullying Pink Shirt Day or World Cancer Day)
Other Recognized Lighting Events
- Acknowledge and welcome visiting dignitaries (such as the Royal Family or international civic officials) hosted by our city
- Tributes or memorial requests for well-documented local or national figures or service members will complement existing City of Edmonton Protocol.
Multi-day requests will not be accepted. The City of Edmonton reserves the right to deny requests that do not merit public support or are mainly personal, private, political, polarizing or commercial in nature.
We do our best to fulfill the eligible requests, but confirmed requests may be modified if a major situation occurs.
Name of Contact Person / Organizer
Name of Event / Occasion / Request
Description of Event / Occasion / Request
This request is for a group or issue that is
Non-profit, charitable, and/or community building
For-profit, personal, and/or private
Is this date the only acceptable option?
Please note: Choosing yes may limit the likelihood of your request being approved. Please make another selection if your request could be satisfied with another date, for example, in the same week.
No, any date during the same week is acceptable
No, any date during the same month is accetable
What colours would you like to request?
When including RGB values please include what the actual colour is as well, to ensure accuracy.
Website, twitter handle, and hashtags (as applicable)
This personal information is being collected under s. 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act and will only be used in the administration of Light the Bridge Requests within the City of Edmonton. Your contact information (name of contact person/organizer, phone number and email address) will only be used to maintain internal records and will not be published. Event information, including the Event Sponsor, Event website and/or Event hashtags will be published on the Open Data Portal (
). If you have any questions regarding the collection of this personal information, please contact the Civic Precinct Liaison in the Civic Events Office at 780-508-9187 or at P.O. Box 2359, Edmonton AB T5J 0K1.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of City of Edmonton.