By crowdsourcing donations and then allowing the donors to vote on which nonprofit gets the entire fund, donors feel that their small donation makes a big difference. The LittleBigFund provides exposure to lesser-known charitable causes by working closely with them to tell their story. Donations will be made primarily on a monthly subscription basis (one time donations will also be an option) and The LittleBigFund will be financed through a separate donation option directly to the site. An emphasis on values, low overhead, and concise storytelling will make The LittleBigFund a simple option to make small donations matter.
Remember, organizations must be:
- be 501(c)(3) certified
- be in the United States of America
- have a distinct purpose (ie. ‘housing LGBT orphaned youth’ or ‘after school arts program for urban teens’)
- demonstrate some kind of commitment to online engagement (you don’t need millions of followers, just an electronic way of updating your community)
- be willing and dedicated to start a partnership with LittleBigFund
We also look for organizations who are:
- regionally and community focused.
- scrappy and efficient--you make do with what you have, and in a way that puts helping others first.
- effective. We want you to be doing something awesome.
- unique, passionate, freethinking, inventive - you get the idea.