2017 STEM Summer Camp Application
Last year, the Livonia PTSA Council started a Summer STEM Camp for middle school students who wanted opportunities to learn more about topics in these disciplines and gain hands-on experience.
For 2017 we are planning a “Mission to Mars” theme using "The Martian" by Andy Weir as our inspiration. Our participants will blast off to Mars (physics, mathematics, and astronomy), learn how to evaluate their environment (atmosphere, weather, geology), determine how they can grow food (plant life, chemistry), build shelter (engineering), and build a Mars rover for transportation (Electronics, engineering, robotics). Each week will focus on one of these themes and integrate the indicated STEM concepts into the learning modules and activities. We will also have guest speakers and off-site tours and presentations from individuals and businesses in the community.
Through the generous donation of Livonia area businesses and the Livonia PTSA Council, this program is free. Therefore, we are limiting the number of participants in the program to 25 students. Students who wish to participate must complete the below application by Friday, May 12th, 2017. Applications will be reviewed and notification of participation will be sent by May 26th.
• The camp will be five weeks long, starting Tuesday, July 11th and concluding with an end of program celebration on Thursday, August 10th. Students will be watching "The Martian" that day, which is rated PG13.
• The camp will be three days a week, Tuesday thru Thursday from 9 am-2 pm. Students can arrive starting at 8:30 am. There will be interactive activities that students can complete prior to each day of camp starting. Students may walk home or be picked up by 2:15 pm.
• Wednesdays will typically include guest speakers and off-site tours such as the Michigan Science Center and local area businesses related to these fields. Transportation will need to be provided by parents or guardians to off-site locations if children wish to attend.
• The camp will be held in the Large Meeting room at the Livonia Career Technical Center, located at 8985 Newburgh Rd, Livonia, MI 48150.
• Participants should bring a lunch, snacks, and water as needed for each day of camp.
• If students are absent 3 times, they will be dismissed from the program.
If you have any questions, please contact Amanda Walworth at (517) 398-0969 or via email at
Applicant's Full Name
Applicant's Address (street, city, zip code)
Parent/guardian's phone number (include home, work, and/or cell)
Parent/guardian's email address
School the applicant currently attends
Are you currently or will you be involved in any STEM related programs? If yes, please list which ones? Ex: MSC, MACAT, Robotics team.
Why do you want to attend the Summer Maker Camp?
What STEM related topics are you interested in learning more about?
What are your current career goals?
Emergency Contact 1 Name
Emergency Contact 1 Relationship
Emergency Contact 1 Phone number
Emergency Contact 2 Name
Emergency Contact 2 Relationship
Emergency Contact 2 Phone number
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service