BLUEPRINT will bring together the thought leaders and visionaries who are mobilizing to confront two of the most important challenges of our time: the need for American economic development beyond the coasts and the rising cost of business in the tech epicenters. By bringing together leaders from technology, business, and government, BLUEPRINT will forge a vision and a plan for the future — for all of America.
TOPICS:• A CLOSER LOOK The first day of Blueprint will be devoted to onsite tours of companies in Reno who have realized enormous success and been part of the local economic revival. We’ll be touring the Reno Tahoe industrial park, the largest industrial park in the U.S., and home to the Tesla Giga Factory, Switch Data Center, Zulily and many others.
• INNOVATION IN THE HEARTLAND Showcasing innovation and success stories in unlikely areas. Why are they succeeding? How are they operating differently than companies in more traditional innovation hubs? An exploration of the regions, cities, and companies that have proven the viability and of economic development and corporate partnership beyond the coasts in areas around the country.
• THE ROI ON PUBLIC/PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS Government and business leaders discuss the lessons they’ve learned about how to foster regional economic development and corporate sustainability.
• REINVENTING THE 21ST CENTURY WORKFORCE How automation and AI are impacting the workforce and the kinds of training necessary to ensure a workforce that can both prosper and fulfill the resource needs of 21st-century companies.
• BUILDING LOCAL ECOSYSTEMS AND ATTRACTING CAPITAL Leading venture capitalists who are investing in heartland companies discuss their strategies and motivations.
• FINDING COMMON GROUND A consensus-driven discussion with industry leaders in business, government, and technology who represent different ideological POVs in order to explore the crucial initiatives and goals we can all agree on.
• THE ROLE OF CULTURE IN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT Writers, musicians, celebrity chefs, and artists weigh in on the economic and social trends that led them to move from big cities to smaller markets.
GENERAL INFORMATION:- There is no fee to apply or speak at the event.- VentureBeat does not pay for travel for speakers. - Speakers will receive a complimentary pass to the event- Space is limited. Apply early.
Apply to be considered as a speaker for BLUEPRINT by filling out the form below. We'll get back to you shortly.