plant biochem final quiz 2019
YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO SUBMIT YOUR ANSWERS ONCE
1. Please refer to the diagram below. If the entire chain is a polymer, each circle is a __________ and the lines between each circle represents a ___________.
amino acids; hydrogen bonds
monomers; polar covalent bond
dimers; hydrogen bond
monomers; ionic bond
monomers; covalent bond
monosacharides; ionic bonds
2. The molecule below is a short protein. . How many molecules of water were "removed" in the process of dehydration synthesis to make it?
3. Which choice matches the POLYMER with its correct MONOMER
amino acid: protein
Protein: Amino Acid
4. What would be the molecular formula for a monosacharide called alpha glucose?
5. Which of the following categories of organic molecules is correctly paired with one of its functions
proteins—short term energy for plants and other organisms
carbohydrates—used for preventing water loss
lipids—give quick energy to cells
lipids- long term energy storage for plants
6. What would be the molecular formula for a monosacharide called fructose?
7. Which of the following terms includes all the other terms on this list?
8. Which of the following is NOT associated with proteins (check all that apply)
9. How many different amino acids are used in making plant proteins?
10. Which part of an amino acid are ALWAYS the same. Select all that apply
The amino group
The carboxyl group
The side chain (R-group)
11. Please refer to diagram 2 below. Letter A is pointing to
polar covalent bond
12. Please refer to diagram 2 below. Letter D is pointing to
13. All of the following are examples of lipids EXCEPT
14. Figure 1 below represents a molecule most likely derived from a(n)
bi-product from the hydrolysis of a protein
from the hydrolysis of cellulose
15. The molecule in the figure 1 below was synthesized by attaching the molecule highlighted in blue to the yellow molecules. What are the name of the molecules highlighted in yellow?
16. A major type of lipid found in the cell membranes of plants are:
17. Lipids serve a number of functions in living organisms. Which of the following is NOT a function of lipids
long term energy storage
major components of cell membranes
short term energy - fuel
waterproofing and preventing water loss
18. The diagram below is of a simple sugar called ___________.
19. If we assembled 1000's of the molecule below, I would have made (check all that apply)
19. The molecule below is called a _________. Check all that apply
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service