2020 SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Youth Advisory Council application
As a company dedicated to creating the next generation of conservationists, SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment values the input, critical perspectives, and leadership of young people who are passionate about animal stewardship and environmental conservation. The SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Youth Advisory Council gives young conservation leaders the unique opportunity to provide input and ideas about conservation initiatives, education programs, communication efforts, and strategies for reaching and engaging other young people across the country.
Applications are now open for the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Youth Advisory Council. Members selected through this process will join existing Council members and will commit to serving a two year term. To apply, read over the details below and submit your online application by February 10, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST. Selected applicants will be notified of their appointment to the Council by February 29, 2020.
Please note that in addition to completing the application details and essay questions, you are required to submit one letter of recommendation by February 10, 2020.
Questions regarding the Youth Advisory Council? Contact SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Youth Advisory Council Coordinator Sean Russell at
or 941-468-7285. Thank you!
Applicants for the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Youth Advisory Council must:
• Be between the ages of 14-20 at the time of application.
• Be a resident of the United States.
• Have a passion for conservation and education.
• Have the ability to work with a team of youth and adults to accomplish common goals.
• Have an interest in providing a youth voice to the work of SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a member of the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Youth Advisory Council you will:
• Provide ongoing input to SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment and their partners on topics including education programs, conservation initiatives, marketing/communications, and strategies for engaging youth audiences.
• Serve on at least one Council committee and collaborate with fellow Council members to develop and lead initiatives/projects to support SeaWorld’s conservation mission and work.
• Serve as an “Ambassadors for Conservation” in your community by remaining active in local conservation projects/programs and representing SeaWorld at conferences/events as opportunities arise.
• Leverage your peer networks and online platforms to share opportunities for other young people to become involved in SeaWorld’s environmental conservation and education programs.
• Oversee the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Environmental Excellence Awards Program.
• Participate in working conference calls on a monthly basis.
• Participate in small group calls/discussions on a regular basis as needed to carry out project work.
• Participate in one in person meeting per year (Dates TBA; travel expenses to all meetings will be covered).
• Applications will be accepted through February 10, 2020 at 11:59PM EST
• Finalists may be contacted for follow-up phone/video interviews.
• Selected Youth Advisory Council Members will be notified of their appointment to the Council by February 29, 2020.
Page 1 of 8
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service