"HOW WE WIN" - 2 workshops with George Lakey: Saturday, February 1, 2020
There are 2 workshops- morning ONLY & Full Day, led by social movement veteran George Lakey. Limited space, sign up soon! The Full Day, which includes the afternoon session, requires an application/approval before the applicant can register. NOTE: Enrollment is limited. If capacity is reached, your name will be added to a waiting list.
Both workshops will be held at the Resource Center for Nonviolence, 612 Ocean St., Santa Cruz, CA.
1) Morning ONLY- 10AM -1:30PM: How We Win Strategy workshop. Details and Registration Form below.
2) FULL DAY -includes Morning session, lunch, & afternoon session,- 10:00AM - 6:00PM: Training for Trainers: How We Win Facilitators training; NOTE:Only a limited number will be accepted for this workshop, so we need to use an application process. We ask that this application be completed by November 15, 2020. Details below. LINK to APPLICATION:
1) MORNING ONLY · 10:00 AM—1:30 PM -
HOW WE WIN- A participatory Strategy Workshop
If you wish to register for the morning program ONLY, scroll down to Fill out the Registration form. Suggested Sliding scale donation for the MORNING only: $15 - $25. (does not include lunch.) HOW WE WIN Books are available for purchase at RCNV for $16.39 including tax. Hours M-TH 12-4PM
Note: Enrollment is limited. If capacity is reached, your name will be added to a waiting list.
• What makes nonviolent direct action campaigns relevant now?
• How to use direct action campaigns strategically, including:
• choosing the right target;
• designing a creative campaign;
• avoiding burnout within your group; and
• How to build a movement of movements that can deliver really big changes?
EXPECT: experiential activities, small group work, a big picture, and affirmation of your own power.
George Lakey, author of How We Win: A Guide to Nonviolent Direct Action Campaigning,has led over 1500 workshops on five continents. First arrested in the civil rights movement, in 2018 he was arrested campaigning for Power Local Green Jobs. In between he gave leadership to campaigns on neighborhood, state, and national levels, working in cross-race, cross-class coalitions and the LGBTQ movement. He’s worked with labor unions, Mohawks, high school students, environmentalists, and the Puerto Rican independence movement. He taught conflict studies at universities and authored ten books on how to bring about change. He is a columnist for the online publication WagingNonviolence.org.
Vegetarian LUNCH: 1:30 - 2:30 PM: (included with FULL day workshop).
2) FULL DAY TRAINING FOR TRAINERS, includes Morning session, lunch 1:30-2:30 and AFTERNOON workshop 2:30—6:00 PM about facilitating “HOW WE WIN” Workshops - Led by George Lakey
If you are interested in attending the full day of both workshops, and learning to facilitate HOW WE WIN workshops on nonviolent action campaigns, please submit the application here:
Suggested Sliding scale donation for FULL DAY= BOTH Morning & Afternoon sessions (includes lunch): $35 - 70 .
Priority will be given to those who have read HOW WE WIN, have experience in nonviolent direct action campaigning, and have experience facilitating workshops. Training will be based on George’s book FACILITATING GROUP LEARNING (Jossey-Bass, 2010).
, 831-423-1626. There may be a number of limited scholarships available.
# of people attending
Area code and Phone Number (helps us to contact you if needed. We won't sell or give your # away.)
MORNING Workshop ONLY: Suggested sliding scale $15 - $25 (includes paypal fees). Pay via PayPal or Credit Card; MAIL your check by November 15. Please be as generous as possible. If you are able, give more to help provide scholarship, offset expenses & support RCNV.
PAYPAL or CREDIT CARD: Click this link and ENTER Total Amount you are paying: $15 - 25 sliding scale per person:
I will MAIL my check $15- 25 (or more) sliding scale per person (How We Win-MORNING 2/1/2020 =memo) by November 15 to RCNV, 612 Ocean St., Santa Cruz, CA 95060. Your name will be listed as PAID at the door.
LINK to APPLICATION for Full Day Training for Trainers- Facilitating:
THANK YOU for your reservation for the "How We Win" MORNING workshop. DON'T FORGET TO CLICK on the SUBMIT BUTTON below.
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service