Our young USY alumni are the future of Jewish life and learning. The USY Alumni Double Chai Honors seeks to recognize 36 of our young USY alumni professionals (age 36 or under) who gave of themselves to be involved with USY after high school or, because of their USY experience, went on to work in the Jewish community at large.
Double Chai Eligibility, Qualifications, and Rules:
- Nominee must be a USY alumnus (involved in USY during their high school years).
- Nominee must be age 36 or under.
- Nominee must have continued their involvement in USY and/or the Jewish community for some years after high school.
- Alumni can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone else.
- Nominee applications are due March 17, 2023
Double Chai Award recipients will be receive:
- Recognition by USY Alumni via social media, email, and website.
- Recognition on a Zoom event highlighting the honorees. NOTE: In early June, we will have 2 different Zoom night option for the honorees in order to be able to accommodate everyone.
- A special gift from USY Alumni.
- Candidate applications will be reviewed by the USY Alumni Committee, made up of staff and lay leaders, in March and April.
- Candidates and nominators will be notified of their application status by late April.
- Double Chai Honorees will be highlighted by USY Alumni starting in May, and will be informed of the June Zoom dates upon notification of being chosen as an honoree.