1. Under Iowa Law, children 17 and younger may shoot long guns with the permission of a parent, guardian, spouse who is eighteen years of age or older, or another with the express consent of the minor’s parent or guardian or spouse who is eighteen years of age or older. CrossRoads requires direct supervision of minors who possess or use rifles or shotguns at our facility by a duly authorized adult as specified and expressly consented to in this waiver.
2. Individuals UNDER the age of 21 who desire to possess or shoot a pistol or revolver, or the ammunition therefore, MUST (with one exception listed below) be under the direct supervision of a parent, guardian, spouse, or instructor who is twenty-one years of age or older, who maintains a physical presence near the supervised person conducive to hands-on instruction, and who maintains visual and verbal contact at all times with the supervised person. The law, common sense and CrossRoads Shooting Sports also require that the supervising adult may not be intoxicated or under the influence of an illegal drug.
At any time that a minor under the age of 18 is shooting or in possession of a handgun at CrossRoads, that minor MUST be directly supervised by an authorized adult over the age of 21. That supervising adult must direct full attention to the minor and will not be permitted to shoot in another lane while the minor is shooting or in possession of a handgun. CrossRoads requires that an adult supervise the possession and use of a handgun by only ONE minor at a time. If two or more minors are accompanied by a single adult, they will be required to take turns in the possession and use of a handgun and may not shoot simultaneously.
The sole exception to the above rule for the possession and use of a pistol or revolver or the ammunition therefore is that a person eighteen, nineteen, or twenty years of age who is on military duty or who is serving as while a peace officer, security guard or correctional officer, may possess a firearm and the ammunition therefor when such duty requires the possession of such a weapon or while the person receives instruction in the proper use there of from an instructor who is twenty-one years of age or older. (For example, a Deputy Sheriff under the age of 21, may shoot handguns at CrossRoads ONLY while on duty or while receiving instruction from an instructor who is 21 or older.)
3. Individuals 18 and older will be permitted to shoot a long gun alone.
4. CrossRoads is a family-friendly facility, but we ask that you not leave your children unattended while you shoot in the range. Also, no minor shall be allowed to possess a firearm, whether or not loaded, at any time without direct supervision of an adult.
5. Because of the potential for lead and heavy metals to be tracked out of the range, please do not let your children crawl on the floor at CrossRoads.
Section 2: General Range Conduct
6. Never consume alcohol or take drugs before or while shooting. CrossRoads reserves the right to refuse range access if we suspect you may be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
7. If you carry concealed, please keep it concealed and in the holster until you are in the shooting stall.
8. Eye and ear protection is mandatory when in the shooting range. Please put them on in the store BEFORE entering the range.
9. Only uncase your firearm in the shooting stall, and do not transfer uncased firearms from lane to lane.
10. DO NOT handle or load firearms anywhere but on the firing line in your assigned stall. It is okay to load magazines in the ready area.
11. Multiple guns are permitted on the bench, always keep the action open, magazines removed.
12. Only one firearm may be loaded at a time. Firearms NOT on the firing line must be stored unloaded, and in a case.
13. Targets must be at least 5 yards downrange, long guns must shoot at targets at least 20 yards downrange.
14. Unless being assisted by another person, shooters must stand in their respective shooting booth and non-shooters must stand in the ready area.
15. Do not transfer control of a firearm directly from one person to another person. Place the unloaded firearm on thebench pointed downrange and allow the next person to pick it up.
16. All shooting must be conducted in a safe, controlled and accurate manner; dual wielding or two-gun shooting is not permitted.
17. Upon the command CEASE FIRE, stop all shooting immediately, drop the magazine, lock the slide back, put down your firearm and back away from the firing line. Shooters may not re-approach the firing line or pick up any firearm until a Range Safety Officer gives the, "range hot" command.
18. You are not allowed to draw from a holster and fire. No prone shooting.
19. Food, drink, gum or any tobacco product is not permitted inside the range. Always remember to wash your hands in cold water with D-Lead soap after you leave the range and prior to eating.
20. Range Safety Officer reserves the right to remove anyone from the range that is demonstrating unsafe or unacceptable behavior.
21. If you observe any unsafe conditions, report them to a Range Safety Officer immediately. Remember, anyone can call a cease fire.
22. Damage to any part of range due to neglect of the customer, could result in the customer paying for the damage.
23. Because CrossRoads values our customers safety at all times, please notify a Range Safety Officer if you sustain an injury.
24. If you are bleeding, have someone else notify the RSO and an employee will come to you to administer first aid.
Section 3: Ammunition and Firearms
25. Range Safety Officers reserve the right to inspect any firearms or ammunition for safety considerations.
26. No green tip, steel core, armor piercing, tracers, or hand loaded ammunition allowed. NO RELOADS.
27. No bird or buckshot through shotguns or .410 loads in revolvers. SLUGS ONLY.
28. Rifle calibers up to standard .308 (7.62 x 51) are acceptable.
29. Throwing weapons are prohibited at CrossRoads, including, but not limited to: ninja stars, tomahawks, ballistic knives and throwing knives.
30. Re-loaders may recover their own brass from the range provided it is not forward of the firing line. Brass previously left on the range by other shooters is the property of CrossRoads Shooting Sports, LLC, and is not permitted to be removed.
31. All firearms MUST be in proper working order when used on the range. Including, but not limited to, functional weapon sights.
32. The used of "bump-fire" or "rapid-fire" stocks in the range is prohibited.
33. Unsure of your ammunition? Don't be afraid to ask an employee if it is acceptable to shoot here.
Section 4: Suppressors
34. Use of suppressors or other NFA items must be disclosed at check in.
35. All suppressors will be inspected by range staff.
36. Absolutely no home-made suppressors or DIY kits.
37. When asked, please be able to present a copy of your approved Form 4.
Violations and Enforcement of Range Rules
Warning: Warning shall be of the manner that describes the breach of rules with a polite request for adherence.
Penalty for violating a warning: If members or patrons are not complying, they will be politely asked to exit the range.
All safety violations will be documented and investigated. Failure to comply could result in the suspension or termination of individuals range access privileges and/or additional penalties including, but not limited to, the assessment of a fine.
Local law enforcement officials will be contacted to remove an individual that refused to exit the range.
Undersigned agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend CrossRoads Shooting Sports, all CrossRoads Shooting Sports employees, and any contracted or volunteer instructor(s) (hereinafter referred to as “CrossRoads”), from any and all fault, liabilities, costs, expenses, claims, demands, or lawsuits arising out of, related to, or connected with: Undersigned’s presence at and/or participation in the course of instruction; the discharge of firearms by Undersigned; Undersigned’s presence on or use of the range, buildings, land and premises of CrossRoads Shooting Sports (“Premises”); and any and all acts or omissions of Undersigned. Undersigned furthermore waives for himself/herself and for his/her executors, personal representatives, administrators, assignees, heirs, and next of kin, any and all rights and claims for damages, losses, demands and any other actions or claims whatsoever, which he/she may have or which may arise against CrossRoads (including but not limited to the death of Undersigned and/or any and all injuries, damages, or illnesses suffered by Undersigned or Undersigned’s property), which may, in any way whatsoever, arise out of, be related to or be connected with: the course of instruction; the Premises, including any latent defect in the Premises; Undersigned’s presence on or use of said Premises; Undersigned’s property (whether or not entrusted to CrossRoads); and, the discharge of firearms. CrossRoads shall not be liable for, and Undersigned, on behalf of himself/herself and on behalf of his/her executors, personal representatives, administrators, assignees, heirs, and next of kin, hereby expressly releases CrossRoads from any and all such claims and liabilities.
Undersigned hereby expressly assumes the risk of taking part in the course for instruction in firearms and taking part in the activities on the Premises, which include, but are not limited to, instruction in the use of firearms, the discharge of firearms, and the firing of live ammunition. Undersigned hereby acknowledges and agrees that Undersigned has read this instrument and understands its terms and is executing this instrument voluntarily. Undersigned furthermore hereby acknowledges and agrees that he/she has read, understands, and will at all times abide by all firearms safety rules, range rules and procedures, and any other rules and procedures stated by CrossRoads.
Undersigned expressly agrees that this instrument is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law, and that if any provision of this instrument is held invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be impaired thereby. No remedy conferred by any of the specific provisions of this instrument is intended to be exclusive of any other remedy, and each and every remedy shall be cumulative and shall be in addition to every other remedy now or hereafter exiting at law or in equity or by statute or otherwise. The election of any one or more remedy hereunder by CrossRoads shall not constitute any waiver of CrossRoads right to pursue other available remedies. This instrument binds Undersigned and his/her executors, personal representatives, administrators, assignees, heirs, and next of kin.
I further understand that I am using CrossRoads as a onetime use for event purposes, or am choosing a single visit in lieu of paying annual waiver fee. Subsequent visits will require purchase of annual waiver fee.