Since 2003 when SARs first hit Singapore, parents have been declaring their children’s travel plans. The declarations helped the nation and the schools in ring-fencing the infection. The same benefits were seen during the 2009 H1N1 epidemic. We wish to thank all parents for their patience, understanding and co-operation exhibited both in 2003 and 2009. Without your sense of social responsibility and civic-mindedness, we would not have been able to provide your children with a safe learning environment nor keep the schools open. In the process, our children learn what it means to be a socially responsible citizen.
As past experience has shown that we should be well-prepared for the risk of a pandemic flu, we would like to seek your continual support in safe-guarding the well-being of your children, should there be a potential health threat regionally or globally. In this regard, in view of the upcoming November/December school holidays, we would like to seek your assistance to complete the attached travel declaration form if you have plans to travel during this holiday.
1) Please fill out this form and click on the "Submit" button to inform the school of your Child's/Ward/s travel plans or to update the school of changes to these plans or of new travel plans.
2) Where applicable, please also provide details of the countries and dates of transits if your Child/Ward will be stopping / has stopped over at any other countries while travelling.
3) Should there be any changes to the original travel plan, you may fill out this form again with the latest information. Updates are also acceptable after the trip, but please submit all updates by the first day of the new school term.
4) If your Child/Ward is not travelling overseas, you are not required to submit this form.
5) If you have trouble submitting the form, you may submit your Child's/Ward's travel details via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Hardcopy forms are also available from the school's General Office, if needed.
Thank you & best regards,
Sembawang Secondary School