Book: Melinda Gates, The Moment of Lift
· Discussions about human rights, women's rights, empowerment of women and girls, and hindrances and violations thereof in developing countries and Japan
· Practice your English skills - share your own opinions, experiences and ideas, and learn from the stories of other participants
· Informal, relaxed and cozy environment
· Meet new people, create new friendships and enjoy some leisure time after work
We encourage you to look at the schedule below and read the session's chapter in advance for the best, most interactive session. Come with questions, ideas, doubts, critiques or simply a desire to listen and learn.
The sessions will be held at the Human Rights Now Office near Edogawabashi Station, from 18:00 to 19:30.
(〒162-0801 Tokyo, Shinjuku City, 335 Yamabukicho 鈴木ビル 4階 )
February 21, 2020 (Friday): Introducing the book + Empowering Mothers: Maternal and Newborn Health (Pages: 5-54)
February 28, 2020 (Friday): Every Good Thing: Family Planning (pages: 54-88)
March 6, 2020 (Friday): Lifting Their Eyes: Girls in School (pages: 89-114)
March 13, 2020 (Friday): The Silent Inequality: Unpaid Work (pages: 115-150)
March 20, 2020 (Friday): 春分の日 - no book club session - enjoy your long weekend!
5. March 27, 2020 (Friday): When a Girl Has No Voice: Child Marriage (pages: 151-175)
April 3, 2020 (Friday): Seeing Gender Bias: Women in Agriculture (pages: 176-199)
April 10, 2020 (Friday): Creating a New Culture: Women in the Workplace (pages: 200-238)
April 17, 2020 (Friday): Concluding discussion + Let Your Heart Break: The Lift of Coming Together (pages: 239-262)
General: JPY 1500
Student: JPY 1000
Full Package Discount 20% DISCOUNT
General: 12.000yen → 9600 yen
Student: 8000 yen → 6400 yen
The fee will be entirely devolved to the advocacy work of Human Rights Now. For more information on us and our mission please refer to the following link: http://hrn.or.jp/eng/about/
We look forward to welcoming you to the session!
See you soon,
Irene and Mimi