Integrated Skills Program 2
First name (Example: Rachen)
Last name (Example: Komalanakul)
School ID number (Example: 123456)
L6T1H - Building conversations
In this lesson, you're going to practise asking and answering conversation questions about the stages of life.
Task One: Let's do a quiz with some words to help us talk about today's topic. Choose the best word or words to complete each sentence.
1. We can divide our lives into different _____ based on how old we are.
2. The stage of life before you are 13 years of age is called _____ .
3. People from the age of 13-19 are called _____ .
4. After leaving M6, some of us will get a job and others will continue our _____ at university.
5. It’s a good idea to have a job and a house before becoming a _____ .
6. The stage of life from about 40 to 65 is called _____ age.
7. People over the age of 65 can be called _____ citizens.
8. When people are too old to keep working, they _____ .
Task Two: Watch the video and practise answering the questions.
Task Three: Choose the right words to complete the five questions.
1. What do you think is the best age to be? Why?
Answer: I think the best age to be is five because life’s so easy.
2. At what ___ do you think people become adults?
Answer: I think they become adults when they’re 16.
3. What age _____ the best age to become a parent? Why?
Answer: I think it’s when you’re 25 because you’re still strong.
4. Who do you think _____ more fun: small children or teenagers? Why?
Answer: I think it’s children because they play all the time.
5. What would you like _____ after you finish your education? Why?
Answer: I’d like to get a good job because I want to make money.
Task Four: Sam is asking Jennifer some questions about products she buys. Choose the best answers for Jennifer.
1. What do you think is the worst age to be? Why?
I think it’s 70 because you have health problems.
I really like being a teenager because I have a lot of free time.
The worst thing about being this age is not having enough money.
2. At what age do you think people should leave home? Why?
I think they should leave home at 21 because they should be working by then.
I usually leave home early in the morning because I have to go to school.
Some people prefer being at home while others like going out.
3. What age is the best age to retire? Why?
I think it must be nice because they can do what they want every day.
Most people retire when they're sick and can't work.
I think it's 60 because you can still have an active life.
4. Who do you think has more problems: teenagers or senior citizens? Why?
We should help senior citizens because they can't do everything by themselves.
I think it's senior citizens because they have health problems.
Some senior citizens have problems with their teenage neighbours making too much noise.
5. What would you like to do after you retire? Why?
I'd like to retire when I'm 60 because I can still be active then.
I'd like to travel around the world because there are lots of places I want to see.
I think some retired people must get bored sometimes.
Task Five: Watch the video and answer the questions with your own ideas.
Click the link below to see a pdf of this lesson.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Sineeducation.