SIGCSE 2021 Committee - Interest
The SIGCSE 2021 Symposium and Program Chairs have several committee positions that will need to be filled for the SIGCSE 2021 Technical Symposium. We invite you to let us know about committee positions that interest you.
If you have any questions about a particular position or just want to know more, come talk to the current members of the leadership team (Pam Cutter, Alvaro Monge, and Mark Sherriff) at the SIGCSE 2021 booth at SIGCSE 2020 in Portland. If you will not be at SIGCSE 2020 or if you are finding this form after the symposium, feel free to email the chairs at
Here's an overview of some of the responsibilities:
Organizing Committee: oversees the organizational and logistical aspects of running the SIGCSE Technical Symposium. The symposium could not run without these positions!
- Pre-Symposium Events: coordinates the scheduling and logistics of pre-symposium events and other co-located events on the Wednesday before the conference
- Student Volunteer Coordinators: organize, schedule, and oversee the 120+ student volunteers that support the SIGCSE Technical Symposium
- Accessibility: work with members of the SIGCSE community that have special needs when attending the conference
- Webmaster: maintains the SIGCSE Technical Symposium website
- Evaluations: coordinates the evaluation of events and sessions at the symposium
- K-12 Liaison: encourages the engagement of the K-12 community
- International Liaison: encourages the engagement of the international community
- Community College Liaison: encourages the engagement of the community college community
- Kid's Camp: coordinates the Kid's Camp experience which provides the opportunity for parents to attend the symposium while their little ones learn about computing
- Puzzles, Social, and Board Games: support attendee interactions beyond the symposium sessions
- Publicity and Social Media: get the word out about the amazing things happening at the symposium
- Local Arrangements: help the symposium organizers with any local issues (however, as the location of the 2021 symposium is not known yet, just let us know if you would be willing to do local arrangements if the conference is in your city)
Program Committee: works with the Program Chairs to identify the submissions accepted and included in the proceedings of the symposium.
- Special Sessions and Panels: sessions where submitters propose a discussion format other than a standard paper presentation session
- Workshops: longer sessions that take place outside the regular symposium hours on a particular topic
- Posters: an opportunity for "give and take" with symposium attendees on the exhibit floor
- Birds of a Feather: informal discussion sessions that take place during two "flocks" on Thursday night
- Lightning Talks: short submissions on in-progress, new, or untested ideas
- Demos: presentations on the exhibit floor where submitters can show a tool or project in a live setting
- ACM Student Research Competition: an opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to present their work for judging
- Nifty Assignments: a special session in which presenters show off a particular assessment, etc. that others could adopt
- Publications: supports the program chairs on the publication of accepted submissions, including working with the publishing company and assembling the program material
It is our goal that individuals who join the SIGCSE 2021 committee will do so for two years: one year as the junior member, learning from the senior member who did the job in the previous year, and one year as the senior member, teaching the next person who volunteers. In this way, we hope to improve the transition from one year to the next.
Institution / Affiliation
Title / Role
Organizing Committee Roles
Student Volunteer Coordinator
Community College Liaison
Puzzles, Social, and Board Games
Publicity and Social Media
Local Arrangements (if in your city)
Program Committee Roles
Birds of a Feather
ACM Student Research Competition
Of the options you checked above, what is your top choice? What is your second choice?
Do you have any prior program committee or organizing committee experience?
Anything else we should know?
(specific preferences for position, reasons for wanting to work in a particular position, etc.)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service