EXPECTATIONS:• Have formal training in spiritual direction and at least 5 years of experience.• Commit to meeting every 1-2 months with directees over the course of one year.• Assist the directee to share personal and relational struggles in context of faith and discernment.• Recommend prayer, scripture, spiritual practices, or supplemental reading.• Thoughtful preparation for each session in accordance with the needs and characteristics of the directee.
Those who speak on behalf of and/or publicly represent Young Catholic Professionals are asked to indicate their commitment to the following tenets of Church Teaching:
1) The Holy Eucharist is the real Presence of Jesus Christ.
2) Contraception: God designed conjugal love between a husband and wife as the complete gift of self; God’s plan for married love excludes the use of contraceptives.
3) Sanctity of Human Life: All human life is sacred from the moment of conception to the moment of natural death.
4) Papal Infallibility: As the successor of Saint Peter, the Pope possesses the charism of infallibility in regards to matters of faith and morals.
5) Premarital Sex: God has given the gift of intercourse exclusively for men and women as a fruit of the bond of Holy Matrimony.
6) Immaculate Conception: From the moment of her conception, the Blessed Virgin Mary was preserved from original sin.
7) Holy Orders: Only a baptized man can validly receive sacred ordination.