2020 Ohio Council for the Social Studies Annual Conference
64th Annual Conference: Preparing Energized and Engaged Democratic Citizens through Social Studies
October 26-27 @ Embassy Suites in Dublin, Ohio
Presenter Proposal Form
Thank you for submitting a proposal to present at the 2020 Annual Conference of the Ohio Council for the Social Studies, "Preparing Energized and Engaged Democratic Citizens through Social Studies" on October 26-27 at the newly renovated Embassy Suites in Dublin, Ohio (5100 Upper Metro Place). The OCSS Annual Conference is the largest assembly of Social Studies teachers in the state. We are accepting proposals to build a high-quality program and are especially interested in hearing from practicing teachers.
Priority will be given to proposals that have an emphasis one of the following conference strands:
1. DOING INQUIRY How can social studies be used to prepare better informed and critically thinking learners? How can educators help students distinguish fact from fiction? How do we best incorporate civic learning to best prepare youth to confront issues facing citizens, communities, and our world today?
2. ADVANCING SOCIAL STUDIES CONTENT. What understandings and facts (by teachers or students) are foundational to successfully teaching concepts in history, geography, economics, government, or, another social studies? Proposals must advance significant social studies content understandings aligned to Ohio's Learning Standards in Social Studies.
3. MEANINGFUL USE OF TECHNOLOGY TO PROMOTE LEARNING. How best can new technologies work to advance student learning in social studies?
4. GLOBAL AND MULTICULTURAL PERSPECTIVES. What strategies and resources can help in preparing youth for an increasingly global and multicultural age?
5. OPEN STRAND. Any proposals not connected the strands above. It still must offer a connection to the main theme of the conference.
Strands represent a category of breakout sessions that will be emphasized at the conference. All other proposals will be classified into a general "Open" strand. OCSS welcomes your proposal if it fits into a general open strand, but wishes to give priority to the selected strands of the conference.
Elementary (Gr. K-5)
Middle (Gr. 6-8)
Secondary (Gr. 9-12)
Higher Education & Teacher Education
Connection to Conference Strand
Priority given to proposals that fit one of the conference session strands .
Advancing Social Studies Content
Global and Multicultural Perspectives
Connection to Conference Theme and Sub Themes
How does your proposal connect to this year's conference theme, "Preparing Energized and Engaged Democratic Citizens through Social Studies" and its sub-theme(s)?
Please describe how your session will provide hands-on opportunities/resources for attendees.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service