Date: Monday evening, November 30, 2015
Time: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Location: Salon A at the Radisson Hotel & EXPO Center
700 Elm Street, Manchester, New Hampshire.
Presented by our Tuesday keynote speaker ~ Sameer Hinduja, Co-Director of the Cyberbullying Research Center
Designed for parents and community partners, this presentation provides a broad overview of adolescent technological concerns, including cyberbullying and social networking sites. Foundational information on the way adolescents use the Internet and cell phones is provided first before examining cyberbullying, sexting, and unwise social networking in detail. Strategies for identification, prevention, and response are then discussed in a conversational format to allow for input and Q&A from the audience. Attendees will leave equipped with an increased ability to promote safe and responsible participation in cyberspace among the youth they care for and with numerous resources to assist them towards those ends.
Parents will leave knowing how to:
• Identify popular online environments among adolescents today and recognize various forms of cyberbullying
• Understand the scope and prevalence of the problem
• Learn how teens are misusing social networking sites
• Realize the significance of sexting among youth
• Learn ways to best inquire about and respond to technology use and abuse
• Develop strategies to sharpen your ability to informally and formally monitor their actions
• Learn how to report cyberbullying when you spot it
• Learn how to work with Internet service providers, cell phone service providers, and content providers
Only one RSVP per family or group is necessary.