2021 New Missionary Application
Thank you for applying to serve as a 2021 Totus Tuus missionary in the Archdiocese of Dubuque! We are excited that you are considering this life-changing summer opportunity. Please prayerfully consider the questions below.
The following information pertains specifically to the Totus Tuus Program of the Archdiocese of Dubuque. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Joanne Pohland at
. This form includes the following:
Missionary Application Information
Team Member Application
MISSIONARY APPLICATION INFORMATION
Of course, at this time, COVID-19 is still impacting the way things are done. Since we do not know what the next few months will bring with regard to how to safely gather and offer programming. Given that, we do not yet have
a final daily schedule in place. In addition, we have not finalized housing arrangements. With that being said, the following reflects the expectations that have been in the past. As more information becomes available, we will keep you updated.
1. Provide catechesis for students in grades 1–12 in six to seven different parishes within the Archdiocese of Dubuque.
a. Grades 1–6: Teaching in a classroom and large group setting, performing skits, playing games, and leading music for daily Mass (if applicable).
b. Grades 7–12: Instruction through large group talks, witness talks, leading small group discussions, fellowship and playing games.
2. Meet and greet parishioners at weekend Masses and speak about Totus Tuus at Mass.
3. Commit to daily prayer—Liturgy of the Hours (Morning, Evening, & Night Prayer), Rosary, Chaplet of Divine Mercy, Mass and personal prayer time.
4. Be open to discerning one’s vocation.
5. Adhere to a rigorous schedule.
a. A typical day begins at 7:00 AM and ends around 10:00 PM. There is approximately two hours of free time each afternoon, but it is typically spent with the team.
b. Typical schedule while in parishes begins Saturday afternoon and ends Friday late afternoon.
c. Must be able to commit for the entire summer. (Please see important dates below.)
6. Work within a team environment.
7. Make sacrifices and be flexible.
8. Work well with adults at parishes and host families.
9. Read and study material and information necessary to be effective in your ministry.
Requirements & Qualifications:
Being a Totus Tuus missionary is an opportunity and privilege with great responsibilities. Missionaries are chosen from among faithful, energetic, and creative Catholic college students and seminarians. To be considered for this position, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
1. Confirmed and practicing Catholic
2. Completed one year of college studies by May 2021 (minimum age 18)
3. Working knowledge of the Catholic faith
4. Desire to work with the youth
1. Read, complete, and submit the Totus Tuus application.
2. If applicable, the Archdiocesan Office will contact you to set up an interview. Interviews will be held at the Archdiocesan Pastoral Center, 1229 Mt. Loretta Ave, Dubuque, IA. If you cannot make it to an interview due to distance, phone/virtual interviews can be arranged.
3. If accepted, you will be sent more information regarding the upcoming summer (what to study, calendar of events for the summer, packing list, etc).
Each team member will be compensated at the rate of $300.00 per week of service and training. Housing and meals will be provided by the diocese during training weeks and provided by the parishes during teaching weeks.
During the summer, one member of each team will be assigned as driver, driving their own vehicle. He or she will receive reimbursement for miles driven. Reimbursement will only be given to travel pertaining to Totus Tuus; personal trips taken during the program will not be reimbursed.
Important Dates for 2021:
Missionary Applications Requested by: Wednesday, January 15, 2020. Applications received after that date will be reviewed if positions are still available.
Training and Other Preparations: Final dates are not yet set. Please set aside Sunday, May 30, 2021 – Saturday, June 12, 2020 (with some days off within that time period)
Summer Program in Parishes (Tentative): June 13 – July 2, 2021
Week Off: July 4 - 9, 2021
Summer Program in Parishes (Tentative): July 11 - August 6, 2021
End of Summer Gathering (Tentative): August 6, 2021 (until approximately 8:00 PM)
Totus Tuus Coordinator
Archdiocese of Dubuque
1229 Mt. Loretta Ave
Dubuque, IA 52003
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Archdiocese of Dubuque.