Worksheet 13 Practice Questions
1. The cylindrical container of your company’s new buffalo sauce has an inside diameter of 2 inches and an inside height of 4.2 inches. The buffalo sauce weighs 0.35 oz per cubic inch. What net weight should be placed on the packaging?
2. You have a 45-amp power strip. The power source is 150 volts. Based on this, what is the maximum number of watts this system can produce?
3. You are maintaining an exotic fish tank at an aquarium. The tank is 8 feet long and 3 feet wide. The water is about 5 feet deep. In order to treat the water in the tank, you add 1 teaspoon of disinfecting solution for every 8 gallons of water. About how many teaspoons of solution will you need to add to the tank?
4. You need to purchase a plan for internet access from an ISP (Internet Service Provider). ISP A charges $109 a month plus 8% tax. ISP B charges $125 a month plus 8% tax, but also offers a 5% discount on timely payments. The discount can only be given on the service itself, not the tax, because the state requires that tax be paid on the full amount of the service before discounts. Assuming you will make timely payments, how much will you save each month with the least expensive plan?
5. You plan to tile the floor of your rectangular kitchen.Your bathroom is 21 1/2 feet by 16 1/2 feet. The tiles you will be using are square, measuring 6 inches on each side, and are sold in boxes that contain enough tile to cover 25 square feet. How many boxes of tiles must you order to complete the job?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Lafayette Parish School System.
Terms of Service