You might be a:
* Adoptee* Birth-mom* Birth-dad* Biological grandparent* Sibling of an adopted child* Friend of a person who made adoption plans* Adoptive parent
Of course, there are many ways we are each connected to adoption. You are all welcome to attend.
Our goal is to create an empathetic environment where barriers of judgment, shame, and anonymity can be broken down through the writing process.
Our writing workshop is a private event and allows up to 20 people from Alaska to participate. We are trying to gather some information that will help us meet your needs and respect your experiences. The information you provide will ensure that many voices will be represented in our private writing workshop. We understand these questions may be sensitive, and we want you to feel safe. We will guard your answers. They will remain confidential.
You do not have to be a writer to join us. You just need to be willing to share your story. When you get to the portion of the sign-up that asks you to share your stories, please do not fret about whether they are "good" enough. It doesn't matter how well you write, and no stories are "bad." We just want to be prepared to help you where you are in our private writing workshop.
You have experiences that are unique to you, and other people need to hear them. You are choosing to tell them to us. We respect and cherish that. Because of our writing workshop constraints, we only have room for 20 participants at this time. We will reach out to you after receiving your sign-up form to work with you about your involvement.
We will not publish your stories without your permission, whether you end up coming to the Passage Writes writing workshop or not. No matter what happens, we will hold your stories dear and keep them safe, honoring your bravery and honesty.
If you come to the Passage Writes workshop, we are asking you, to the best of your ability, to:
* Spend May 11-12, 2018 in Anchorage, Alaska
* Come to the public talk on May 11, 2018, led by Amy Seek, a birth-mom who wrote her adoption stories in God and Jetfire: Confessions of a Birth Mother
* Attend the private writing workshop sessions on May 12, 2018
* Share your adoption stories and listen to other people's adoption stories during the private writing workshop sessions
* Consider allowing us to publish your stories (which may remain anonymous or first-name only)
Choosing to tell your adoption stories is brave. Being willing to write them is even braver. So thank you for letting us know you want to participate in our workshop in Anchorage, Alaska. We are honored by your interest in Passage Writes.
Please submit this sign-up form before Wednesday, May 9, 2018. Everyone who signs-up will be contacted about their involvement by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 10, 2018.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.