Grand Rapids Youth Symphony & Classical Orchestra -- 200-Minute Practice Challenge Form
Local middle school-age musicians (students in grades 5 through 8) are invited to participate in the Grand Rapids Youth Symphony & Classical Orchestra 200-Minute Practice Challenge each winter. Practice your instrument 200 minutes in a week and your name will be entered to win a TABLET device or other fabulous prizes!
Who may participate? Instrumental students in grades 5, 6, 7, and 8.
What is required? Practice your instrument at least 200 minutes in a week and submit a completed practice form to GRYS. You can submit a new practice log up to four times during the months of November, December, January, and February.
What are the prizes? For every practice form submitted (up to four), a student will receive:
• One ticket to the Youth Symphony & Classical Orchestra concert on Sunday, March 1, 2020, 3:00 pm at DeVos Performance Hall in downtown Grand Rapids. (Maximum four free tickets per student.)
• One entry into a drawing for a new tablet device and other fabulous prizes at the concert! You must BE PRESENT to win.
• Also: The first 100 participants to check in at the concert will receive a goody bag with some fun items.
Is this simple for the teacher? Yes!
• Just sign each practice sheet to validate that the student is in good standing with your instrumental group or studio.
• Your name will be entered into a drawing for $100 restaurant gift certificate.
How do students enter? Complete and submit THIS ONLINE FORM!
(Alternatively, students may submit their practice time using a paper form. Ask your instrumental teacher for a paper form or download the form at
Submission deadline: Friday, February 14, 2020
Email the challenge coordinator, Mickey Bechill, at
or call the Grand Rapids Youth Symphony at 842-6566.
Student First Name
Student Last Name
Student or Parent Email Address (only one)
To receive results and other correspondence
Include area code
Instrument (If Other)
Instrument practiced if you chose "Other" for previous question
Grade in School
Instrumental Teacher's Name
First and last name (school instrumental teacher or private teacher)
Instrumental Teacher's Email
To verify the practice log you are submitting
Month and Year of Practice Week
Month and year
Week of Practice
For example: Week of November 11, 2019
Days Practiced During This Week
Pick the days you practiced
Total Minutes Practiced for the Week
Parent's Electronic Signature
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service