Inquiry to Action Groups (ItAGs) are an opportunity to build community by learning together, developing as activists, and linking social justice issues with classroom practice.
Small groups will meet for six to eight sessions between February and April to share experiences, respond to readings, exchange ideas, and develop plans of action.
Below find the titles of this year's six ItAGs. For longer descriptions, check out the ItAG catalogue on our website: www.TAGPhilly.org. Then, register for up to two ItAGs at the bottom of this form.
2017 Inquiry to Action Groups
1. Creating Grassroots Curriculum, Part II
2. Education to Govern: Exploring the Possibilities of Public Education
3. Environmental Justice in the Urban Classroom
4. Immigrant Justice and the Fight for Sanctuary Schools
5. Trauma and Resilience in Education
6. White Educators and Race: Exploring Our Practice