1. All volunteers must be 18 years or older; minor volunteers must have parental permission.
2. Minimum age to handle a dog is 18 years. Minimum age to handle a cat is at staff’s discretion.
3. This release must be signed by every shelter volunteer, as well as the parents of minor volunteers.
4. All volunteers must sign‐in and out at the kennel laptop.
5. No volunteer will open an animal enclosure without staff authorization.
6. All volunteers must complete the volunteer orientation course.
7. All volunteers must wash and disinfect their hands after handling each animal, every time.
8. All bites, scratches, slips, and falls must be reported to management.
9. All decisions made by the Kennel Manager or Feline Care Manager are final.