- Each participant is given three minutes.- Each participant must present his/her topic (Background, Problem statement, Objectives, Methodology, Results).- Topics may be related to any faculty in MMU, which may include the following: Accounting; Business, Management; Creative Multimedia; Engineering; Computer Science; and Information Technology.
* Judging Criteria:
Keep in mind that you will be judged on the following:
1. Comprehension & Content:
- Did the presentation provide an understanding of the background to the research question being addressed and its significance?- Did the presentation clearly describe the key results of the research including conclusions and outcomes?- Did the presentation follow a clear and logical sequence?- Were the thesis topic, key results and research significance and outcomes communicated in language appropriate to a non-specialist audience?- Did the speaker avoid scientific jargon, explain terminology and provide adequate background information to illustrate points?- Did the presenter spend adequate time on each element of their presentation – or did they elaborate for too long on one aspect or was the presentation rushed?
2. Engagement & Communication:
- Did the oration make the audience want to know more?- Was the presenter careful not to trivialize or generalize their research?- Did the presenter convey enthusiasm for their research?- Did the presenter capture and maintain their audience’s attention?- Did the speaker have sufficient stage presence, eye contact and vocal range; maintain a steady pace, and have a confident stance?- Did the PowerPoint slide enhance the presentation – was it clear, legible, and concise?
* Registration Fees: RM10 Only
* Winners:- There will be three winners:1. Winner: Prize will be announced later2. First runner up: Prize will be announced later
* Judging Criteria:The poster must include the following:
- Title- Names of author(s) and affiliated organization(s)- Abstract (brief summary of objectives, methods, results, and conclusions)- Background Information- Project Objectives- Materials and Methods- Results (tables, graphs, charts)- Conclusions- Discussion of possible future directions or why project is complete
Rules:- Each contestant must be a student member of Postgraduates Society to participate at the Poster competition. Postdocs are not considered students; however, they are encouraged to display their research during the event professional poster.
- Poster topics may be related to any faculty in MMU, which may include the following: Accounting; Business, Management; Creative Multimedia; Engineering; Computer Science; and Information Technology.
- All illustrations and text must be readable from a distance of 3 feet.
- MMU and Postgraduates Society logs may be displayed on the poster. If the research presented was supported by a specific funding source, i.e., a grant or a company, a written acknowledgment of the funding source may be displayed but their logo will not be included on the poster.
- It is the responsibility of the organizer to ensure that all Poster Competition rules are followed and that each competitor is a Student Member of Postgraduates Society PRIOR to the competition.
- Competitors will be given a 20-minutes window to showcase their projects with the judges. Judging sessions will consist of a five-minute presentation given by the competitor plus a five-minute question-and-answer period.
* Winners:- There will be three winners:1. Winner: Prize will be announced later2. First runner up: Prize will be announced later3. People's choice award: Prize will be announced later
Event Date: 7th February 2018.