Chicago Urban League & Ford Motor Company ECAP Grant Program
The Chicago Urban League and Ford Motor Company Emergency Capital Access Program (ECAP) is designed to provide African-American business owners with capital and technical assistance to help them sustain their business. The program has two components: 1) a $4,000 grant awarded to program participants to support their business operations and 2) one on one technical assistance to provide participant businesses with management knowledge necessary to help their business thrive. Awardees will be required to participate in a one on one coaching session with the Chicago Urban League Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation staff prior to receiving their award. Twenty-five (25) businesses will be selected.
In order to be eligible for the program, applicants must:
1) Be a for-profit business
2) Be located in Chicago or Suburban Cook County
3) Have been in business for at least one (1) year
4) Have annual revenue less than $150,000
5) Must be at least 51% black owned
6) Be able to demonstrate a need for the funds as well as a plan for their utilization
If selected as an awardee, the following documentation verifying your eligibility will be required:
1) Bank statement, business license, or articles of incorporation (LLC or S-Corp) to verify your address.
2) Articles of incorporation, DBA, or Business License to verify business age.
3) Bank statements or 2019 business tax return to verify annual business revenue.
5) Government Identification to verify identity