An ideal candidate will be competent to perform a variety of routine to moderately difficult office support and clerical duties. At the end of the one year probationary period the employee shall be competent to perform tasks and work with only occasional instruction or assistance within a framework of established procedures. Specific duties and scope of responsibility will be based on agency needs.
Employee will receive general supervision from the Prevention Specialist, Program Director or Board Member. This position does not exercise lead or supervisory responsibility.
Starting Salary: $12.00 per hour
Work hours: 8:30am - 3:00pm Monday - Friday
Benefits: Paid sick leave, paid holidays
• Gathers information from a variety of sources for the completion and processing of forms, records and contacts individuals to obtain additional information
• Maintains records, lists and logs
• Types or word processes, prepares, processes, copies, collates, files/retrieves files, sends and receives faxes, distributes and/or transmits various records, reports, forms, meeting minutes, and other documents; may compose routine correspondence and other documents as required following standard formats or templates
• Proofreads and checks typed and other materials for accuracy, completeness and compliance with agency policies and procedures• Establishes and maintains office files
• Enters and retrieves computer data; generates computer reports and/or spreadsheets
• Answers the telephone and provides information and assistance to callers or forwards calls to appropriate staff person; takes messages as necessary; greets and assists office visitors; Schedules meetings and appointments
• Opens, processes, and distributes mail
• Monitors stock and replenishes office supplies
• Basic clerical practices and procedures
• Modern office practices and technology, including record-keeping and filing systems, receptionist / telephone techniques and the use of computers for word and data processing
• Basic business arithmetic
• English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
• Safe work practices
• Mariposa Safe Families, Inc. policies and procedures
• Programs, goals and purpose of Mariposa Safe Families, Inc.
• Methods of preparing and processing various records, reports, forms and other documents specific to the assigned program
• Business letter writing, report preparation and the standard format for typed materials
• Learn, understand and apply agency policies and procedures
• Perform detailed clerical work accurately
• Learn specialized processes, procedures and office support tasks as needed
• Maintain accurate records and files
• Maintain confidentiality as required
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Understand and execute written and oral instructions
• Safely operate office equipment
• Type or word process accurately at a rate required for successful job performance
• Perform required mathematical computations with accuracy
• Perform work effectively despite frequent interruptions and the pressure of deadlines
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
• Respond appropriately, effectively and promptly to the needs of internal and external customers
• Understand, interpret and apply agency policies and procedures
• Organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction
• Use computers effectively for word and data processing and records management
• Use initiative and sound, independent judgment within established guidelines
• Compose routine correspondence and reports independently or from brief instructions
• Research and compile a variety of information and materials
Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of weight.
Must be able to maintain effective audiovisual discrimination and perception needed for making observations; communicating with others through reading and writing; and operating office equipment.
Must be able to use a telephone to communicate verbally and a keyboard to communicate through written means, to review information and enter/retrieve data, to see and read characters on a computer screen.
One year of clerical administrative support experience
High school diploma or GED equivalent, preferably including classes in typing, bookkeeping and related subjects
Possession of a valid California driver’s license
This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the position and is not all inclusive. Employee may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document.