SL18B Exhibitors Application
If you are interested in becoming an exhibitor for SL18B please take a moment to fill out the following application and share your exhibit ideas with us. We are inviting everyone in the Second Life community to consider joining us this year in the birthday celebrations. Exhibits are not limited to the theme but hopefully will reflect the depth and breadth of what Second Life is to every Resident. We welcome you to share your Second Life passions with us, your interests, your communities. Your worlds! Every year we celebrate because of you, the amazing and creative Residents, who have chosen to call Second Life home. What has drawn you into this world and what keeps you here? This year at the eighteenth annual Second Life Birthday, show us what fuels your Second Life and inspires you. Let's go exploring!
**THE EXHIBITOR RULES HAVE BEEN ADDED TO AND CHANGED THIS YEAR. PLEASE READ.**
1. Your display at the event should not be commercial. Exhibits promoting buying and selling of goods and services do not fit in with our policies and theme. Any part of an exhibit that violates this rule will be removed. While commerce is a very important part of Second Life, this is a party, not a mall or sales fair. No selling is allowed and no advertising will be permitted.
Exception: Gifts provided to SL18B visitors are fine.
*1a. Identification of exhibit sponsors or creators is acceptable. You may use text to identify the creator, store or sponsor behind the exhibit but the use of logos is not allowed. Logo and landmarks can be included in the visitor gifts.
*1b. Group joiners and landmark givers are allowed as long as they give information on touch and do not send messages or items automatically.
2. Your display should not have any large, purchased elements in their entirety. If you have a purchased store, shelter, house or main structure your Mole Coordinator will review and approve it's use. Combining elements from several different sources is allowed as long as your final display at SL18B is a unique build created by you and/or your building assistants.
3. Tip-Jars Or Soliciting Donations: Exhibitors may not rez any object which collects money or asks for contributions. While we appreciate the efforts residents make to inform, educate, and encourage the support of charitable causes, this event cannot be used as a vehicle for the procurement of donations for charity. We make one exception to this rule. Please see the Performance Rules.
4. All residents of SL are welcome to exhibit at the event. SL18B is a General rated event. To learn more about what the General maturity rating means, you can read the article on the General Maturity Rating on the Second Life website. Members of Adult or Moderate rated Communities are welcome to participate, but all exhibits must meet the General rating as determined by Second Life Maturity Rating for General rating. To keep things fair and within event rating, no nudity–artistic or otherwise–will be allowed. This also means that adult animations and/or gestures are prohibited. Please check any furniture or seating within your exhibit to ensure that adult animations have been removed. Landmarks to Adult and Moderate regions or communities may be given out as long as they provide a warning that they lead to an Adult or Mature region. If you have any questions about the content you wish to present, please consult your Mole Coordinator.
*5. Performances: Your exhibit is not to be used as a performance/music/DJ venue for the entirety of the event. Your parcel is not an event venue. Having a party/parties is fine, but scheduling multiple artists/DJs to perform for more than two hours is not acceptable. The use of tipjars by performers or DJs at exhibits is not allowed. This will burden a region with crowds that will make it difficult for other visitors to access other exhibits on the region. If you expect a large crowd, book a performance venue or lecture area for your party or performance.
6. Camping and Contests: You may not hold contests that cause large numbers of avatars to congregate at your build for long periods of time. This rule includes Lucky or Midnight Mania Boards and other items at the event staff’s discretion.
7. Bots: A scripted avatar bot can cause performance issues, and it also reduces the number of avatars that can visit a region. Scripted agents (“bots”) are not allowed. Instead use a welcome sign with a clickable giver script to offer up information or gift items. You may use a scripted mannequin if a representation of an avatar is needed.
8. Copyright Or Trademark Infringement: You may not use real life or Second Life brands, logos, sounds, or graphics that you do not own and do not have the right to use. As a rule of thumb, if you did not create it, or if you do not have written permission to use it, don’t. This includes the use of the logos (or photos of logos) for Linden Lab, Second Life, or any other licensed or registered trademarks. For other cases, you are required to follow the usage rules of content owners. For use of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, WordPress, etc.) buttons or links, please do a Google or Bing search on the companies’ respective allowed use of logo display. Any items not following published guidelines will be removed at the discretion of the SL18B staff.
9. Copybotted or otherwise illegally obtained content: You may not use materials known to be copybotted from other SL Residents or otherwise obtained from third-party sources without permission (“ripped” mesh objects, etc.). Such items will be removed at the discretion of the SL18B staff.
*10. You may not use or display hate-oriented content at your SL18B build. Political affiliations, statements or content of any kind are not appropriate for the Birthday. The Second Life Birthday event is a place to celebrate the anniversary of Second Life and display creative endeavors by Residents. If you are not sure if something falls into these categories, contact a Mole Coordinator. You may not display content that expresses a political opinion or would defame, ridicule or disparage other residents or groups or Second Life. Any content that is deemed offensive, harassing, insulting or bullying will be removed, and the owner will be removed from the event. This will be determined by the staff of SL18B at their discretion. Their decisions are final.
*11. Exhibitors agree to follow the deadlines that are given to them. No extensions will be provided. If deadlines are not met, exhibitors will be replaced. Exhibit parcels must be claimed by Tuesday, June 1. Exhibits must be completed and sent in for review no later than Wednesday, June 9.
*12. Exhibit parcels will be assigned to you on a first come first serve bases. The earlier you contact us for your parcel, the better the parcel location will be. Once a parcel is assigned, it will not be moved. Land parcels cannot be made into water parcels.
*13. There is a finite number of parcels and once we are full, we cannot accept any more exhibitors. Acceptance is not guaranteed. All exhibitors will be contacted no later than June 1.
The Mole Coordinators will have the final decision whether a build meets and follows all guidelines and requirements. All decisions are final.
I agree to abide by the Exhibitor rules, as outlined above, if chosen to participate in SL18B
Please remember that the rules have been changed in certain instances. It is important to note the changes before agreeing to
This is how we search for you and contact you in Second Life. If you change your name after applying, you MUST contact us with the updated name or we will not be able to contact you.
Co-builders Legacy Names
You can have up to two additional builders on the exhibit.
Have you been an Exhibitor at SLB before?
Please share an example of your work. This can be an inworld SLurl to a current build, a Flickr collection of your work anything that would allow us to appreciate your talents and composition.
What is the theme of your exhibit?
Please select the category that BEST describes the overall theme of your exhibit. This will help us organize exhibits for layout purposes.
SLB Theme: Hidden Worlds
Community (Groups & Activities)
This does not need to be the final name for the exhibit.
Please include a brief description of your idea. This is helpful in allowing us to share in your vision. By providing a compelling description you enable us to make sure we include the widest possible variety of proposed ideas. If you do not describe the idea for your exhibit, you will not be accepted.
Do you need a water parcel?
If there is ANY chance you may want a water parcel, please let us know. We can easily change water parcels to land parcels but we cannot change land parcels to water parcels.
What size parcel would you like?
Please identify your ideal parcel size. This DOES NOT guarantee that you will receive this size but we will try our best to accommodate your requests. Please do not select a medium parcel if your exhibit could just as easily be built on a smaller parcel.
Small - 32x32m (468LI)
Medium - 32x64 (936LI)
If your preference is for a medium parcel, please explain how your exhibit will benefit from the additional space.
This is important as we have limited medium parcels available and we need to make sure they go to the exhibits that will benefit the most from the additional size and LI allowance. Asking for a medium parcel DOES NOT guarantee a medium parcel.
How did you hear about SLB?
Second Life Birthday group
Second Life Blog
Facebook (social media venues)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Lindenlab.com.