Miami's Vice City Rollers Fresh Meat Class: Roller Derby 101
Miami’s Vice City Rollers are proud to continue the Fresh Meat Class: Roller Derby 101. This 8 week course is intended to teach the skills required to be a successful derby skater. Skaters will be tested to evaluate those skills learned during the course. After completing RD101, skater will move on to RD102, another 8-week course. Upon passing both courses the skater will become a member of the league and will receive an MVCR shirt with their name on it.
Dates: Orientation will be on Monday, February 10, 2019 from 7:00-9:00p.m. at the Suniland Hockey Rink located at 9300 SW 152 St., next to the Palmetto Golf Course.
Enrollment Cost and Practice Dates/Times: Enrollment in the Fresh Meat Class: RD101 costs $75 for the 8-week course. Each registered skater will be able to attend practices twice a week (Sundays from 6:30-9 p.m. at the Tamiami Rink near FIU and Mondays from 7:00-9:00pm at Suniland Hockey Rink) during RD101.
You will receive a packet containing:
1. Explanation of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA) basic skills
2. Off-skates workout plan
3. Information on buying derby gear and skates
4. WFTDA rule book
5. What is expected as a member of MVCR
6. MVCR merchandise item
1. 18 or older
2. Gear: quad skates, knee pads, elbow pads, wrist guards, mouth guard & helmet (MVCR has some skates, pads and helmets available to borrow with a $50 deposit - first come, first serve).
3. Willingness to learn
4. Personal medical insurance strongly recommended (WFTDA insurance will be required after 101).
An invoice will be sent to the email submitted through this form.
Questions: Any questions may be directed to
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Miami Roller Derby.