Miami's Vice City Rollers Fresh Meat Class: Roller Derby 101
Miami’s Vice City Rollers are proud to continue the Fresh Meat Class: Roller Derby 101. This 8 week course is intended to teach the skills required to be a successful derby skater. Skaters will be tested to evaluate those skills learned during the course. After completing RD101, skater will move on to RD102, another 8-week course. Upon passing both courses the skater will become a member of the league and will receive an MVCR shirt with their name on it.
Dates: Orientation will be on Monday, September 9, 2019 from 7:30-9:30 p.m. at the Suniland Hockey Rink located at 9300 SW 152 St., next to the Palmetto Golf Course.
Enrollment Cost and Practice Dates/Times: Enrollment in the Fresh Meat Class: RD101 costs $75 for the 8-week course. Each registered skater will be able to attend practices twice a week (Sundays from 6:30-9 p.m. at the Tamiami Rink near FIU and Mondays from 7:30-9:30 pm at Suniland Hockey Rink) during RD101.
You will receive a packet containing:
1. Explanation of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA) basic skills
2. Off-skates workout plan
3. Information on buying derby gear and skates
4. WFTDA rule book
5. What is expected as a member of MVCR
6. MVCR merchandise item
1. 18 or older
2. Gear: quad skates, knee pads, elbow pads, wrist guards, mouth guard & helmet (MVCR has some skates, pads and helmets available to borrow with a $50 deposit - first come, first serve).
3. Willingness to learn
4. Personal medical insurance strongly recommended (WFTDA insurance will be required after 101).
Payments can be made through PayPal, to
. The PayPal confirmation number is required on the form. Please include "Fresh Meat Class: RD101" in the payment notes.
Questions: Any questions may be directed to
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Miami's Vice City Rollers.