Miami Roller Derby is proud to continue the Fresh Meat 101 Class. This 8-week course is intended to teach the skills required to be a successful skater. Skaters will be tested to evaluate those skills learned during the course. After completing RD101, the Skater will move on to RD102, Another 8-week course. Upon passing both courses the skater will be eligible to scrimmage and become a member of the league.
Dates: Orientation will be on Sunday, September 4th, 2022, from 4-6 p.m. at the Miami Roller Hockey Rink Located at 9300 SW 152 St, next to the Palmetto Golf Course.
Enrollment Cost and Practice Date/Times: Enrollment in the Fresh Meat 101 Class cost $125 for the 8-week course. Each registered skater will be able to attend practice twice a week (Sunday from 4-6 p.m. and Mondays from 7:30-9:30 p.m. at the Miami Roller Rink)
You will receive a package containing:
1. Explanation of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA) basics skills
2. MRD skill sheet
3. Off-skates workout plan
4. Information in buying derby gear and skates
5. What is expected as a member of MRD
1. 18 years old and up
2. Gear: Quad skates, knee pads, elbow pads, wrist guards, mouth guards & helmet.
3. Willingness to learn
4. Personal Medical insurance is strongly recommended (WFTDA insurance will be required after RD101)
You can pay for the course by going to this link: https://tinyurl.com/mvcrfmrollerderby101
Questions: Any questions may be directed to email@example.com