VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED: June 22-26, and in the lead up to June! Start Immediately!
JOKERJOKERtv is a weekly livestream show, produced in Athens Ga, airing every Thursday night at 6:30pm. Our program features music videos, short film, video skits, interviews and live performances from independent underground artists. We've made it our mission to celebrate and showcase the unique Arts and Culture community in Athens. We also strive to collaborate with and create a community of like-minded independent underground artists and viewers from all around the world. Our focus is on the Weird, Abstract, Experimental, Rock, Punk, Metal, HipHop, DIY, Synth, Glitch, and Avant-Garde, but we are also open to nearly all genres and types of Artists! Our founders are seasoned local artists and our community stretches across the globe, so we regularly have national and international touring artists coming through our studios.
JOKERJOKERtv is currently seeking creative goal-oriented self-motivated individuals who would like to join our team in JUNE to help us produce special coverage of the Athfest 2023 weekend June 22-26, and during the lead up to the event. Volunteers will get hands-on experience in many different facets of producing this livestream event. Please contact us if you feel like you have the skill sets to pitch in with a helping hand in this production.
- Build relationships with the Athens creative community, including local Artists, the Music scene, Filmmakers, etc.
- Be involved with immersive experiences in the Athens area creative culture
- Work with a team of talented and motivated individuals who are proven leaders in the creative community of Athens.
- Experience working with new and developing technologies in the livestream and podcasting industry.
- Must be able to work in an inclusive environment with a bunch of creative-weirdo types
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking ability
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving
- A team player with great communication skills
- Basic knowledge of how to use a Camera, Mic, Headphones, Computer, etc
Digital Marketing Lead
- Updating and Maintaining database spreadsheet of livestream run downs
- May need to be available for specific scheduled broadcasts, and filming times
- Assist and guide guests and cast, making sure their needs are met
- Helping prepare the set with lights, props, equipment etc.
- Act as a runner distributing messages or items within film cast and crew
- Undertake errands as assigned
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Sometimes may be required to answer phones, do paperwork, clean areas, transfer equipment from one location to another and drive actors and crew members.
Digital Marketing Team
- Set goals for current and new social media platforms
- Check in with team members and lead discussions
- Communicate with other teams for any adjustments and marketing campaigns
- Requires experience in team leadership, management, and social media understanding
- A knowledge of social media advertising on FB, IG, YT, etc
- Maintaining current platforms including: Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitch, Tiktok, Dischord, Patreon, etc
- Overlook and engage with JOKERJOKERtv audience
- Create content for all social media platforms
- Brainstorm designs ideas for the JOKERJOKERtv brand and collaborations
- Preferable if you know how to use Adobe Photoshop, and other applications.
- Preferred at least 1 year of graphic design experience
- Create Spotlight posts on weekly list of featured artists, may require research
- Identify and Research for upcoming events in Athens, and in our community
- Must be interested in and excited about the events going on in the Athens creative community
- A typical task in this role would be researching information about a specific artist from their websites, blogs, or social media.
Physical Marketing Team
- Create video content that will be posted on JOKERJOKERtv's platforms
- Filming events, band performances, artists interviews, etc
- Preferred at least some experience in video editing
Community Outreach Team
- Brainstorm ways to engage with the Athens community and feature our brand
- Availability outside of regular business hours to attend Athens events to market JOKERJOKERtv
- Able to distribute flyers, handbills, etc. throughout the community and on campus
- Valued characteristics: enthusiasm to connect with the people of Athens; communication skills; creativity
- Organize JOKERJOKERtv street team appearances at special events including locations in and out of town
- Good communication, grammar, and organization skills
- Brainstorming artists, businesses, restaurants, etc in Athens for potential interviews and collaborations
- Organize/Engage social media platforms and emails
- Scouting and Researching artists and events to be featured on JOKERJOKERtv
- Bonus if you have experience with fundraising and sponsorships
- Openly communicate and discuss creative ideas with JOKERJOKERtv teams for new ways to bring attention to JOKERJOKERtv various platforms.
- Create content for social media platforms that promote clients, artists, etc
- Create content and discuss ideas for JOKERJOKERtv platforms
- Joke/Script/Skit writers for Cast
- Researching current events and trends locally, nationally, globally
- Know how to use a camera to film local events, bands, artists, etc
- You should know your way around a sound board
- Running mics, cables, cords, headphones for guests on the show
- Must have some experience using Protools, iMac, Cameras, Lighting, etc
- Helping prepare the set with lights, props, equipment, etc.