DATABASE DESIGN & APPLICATION A
31) The ______ Query Wizard adds a filter expression that finds unlinked records in related tables.
A) find unmatched
D) find duplicates
40) A “top value” query would help to answer which one of the following questions?
A) How many days was the temperature in North Dakota less than zero degrees Fahrenheit?
B) Which products do we sell that have a price value of between $5,000 and $10,000?
C) Which table in a database is accessed at least five times every minute?
D) Which divisions of a company generated the least sales this year?
18) ____ and recovery services, which are mechanisms for recovering the database in the event the database is damaged in any way, are among the features that a DBMS should furnish.
28) A(n) ___ query can be used to prompt the user for data before searching.
46) A(n) _____ cannot reference a declared temporary table.
36) If you specify more than one sort, the sort column to the right will be which one of the following?
A) Primary sort
B) Secondary sort
C) Random key
D) Major key
2) What is the term for a component in a database?
49) This is an example of when Microsoft Access deletes a record and all of the relating records.
A) Enable the delete
B) Cascade the delete
C) Enforce the delete
D) Override the delete
32) You have a SQL database with a single table called 'countries'. There are columns for name, area, region, population and gdp. What SQL query would show each region only once?
A) SELECT 1 region FROM countries
B) SELECT region FROM countries (MAX=1)
C) SELECT DISTINCT region FROM countries
D) SELECT SINGLE region FROM countries
11) Press this key to access help in Access.
30) If you forgot to set a primary key or create a unique index for your table, then this can help you clean up the mess.
A) find unmatched
B) find duplicates
4) Which stores information about people, places, things, or events?
17) The purpose of “Field Size” in a table is to:
A) specify the level of decimal precision that will be shown in a report
B) enforce the number of primary key fields
C) limit the maximum number of characters in a text record
D) specify how small a number can be in a “double” record
20) Which one of the following questions is not a critical design consideration when planning a database design?
A) What kinds of data will be stored in each of the tables?
B) What kinds of reports will users of this database need?
C) Will the database be hosted in the cloud or within the organization?
D) What is the purpose of the database, and what types of people will be using it?
22) You open up the database called “Northwind Traders” and enter a phone number in the format 888-767-5143. The database automatically converts it to the style (888) 767-5143. Which one of the following features is responsible for the conversion?
A) input mask
B) data consistency rules
C) data conversion assistant
D) validation rules
35) Assume that you have two columns in a database formatted with Date/Time data, “Date Shipped” and “Date Purchased”. Which one of these expressions would calculate the difference between those two columns?
A) =DateDiff("d",[Date Shipped],[Date Purchased])
B) =Calc([Date Shipped] – [Date Purchased])
C) =DIFFER(Date Shipped, Date Purchased)
D) =CAST(date d([“Date Shipped”], [“Date Purchased”]))
23) This validation rule ensures that a field with a numeric data type does notexceed a reasonable limit.
What is your name?
39) All of the following except this are options that are available when using the query wizard in Access.
A) Find Duplicates query
B) Crosstab query
C) Update query
D) Find Unmatched query
16) To “filter” out data based on criteria specified and to produce an unformatted document, you would use a:
37) Which one of the following WHERE clauses would correctly show all records from the database with a last name of “Robinson?”
A) WHERE LastName<>”Robinson”
B) WHERE LastName %=%‘Robinson’%
C) WHERE LastName=’Robinson’
D) WHERE LastName LIKE ‘Robinson’
6) What command allows you to specify the database you wish to work with?
12) If a serious problem occurs with your database, do this.
A) Compact & Repair the database
B) Make MDE
C) Change Users & Permissions for the database
D) Set the passwords for the database
51) Which one of the following fields would be the best primary key in a table named “Person”?
A) date of birth
B) social security number
C) last name
44) The _____ JOIN compares all columns in both tables that have the same column name in the joined tables.
48) To open the Edit Relationships dialog box, __________ on the sloping portion of the join line.
A) click then press Enter
B) click then press F8
D) click then press Ctrl + F8
50) To print wide database tables use ____ orientation.
C) Wider than wide
3) When data has been broken down into separate smaller tables with no repetition of data, this is known as:
14) The “Compact and Repair” feature in Microsoft Access is best used:
A) by the database administrator/owner to make sure the database is as efficient as possible on the disk
B) by the end user when the database displays a corruption message
C) by the end user to make the database small enough to run through an Internet browser
D) by the database administrator to restore a clean copy of the database from a backup file
45) If you specify the _____ as a column constraint, an implicit column list is composed of the column name or names that are listed.
38) Which one of the following is the proper way to show all the “Title” records from the table called “Album”?
A) DISPLAY * FROM Album.Title
B) SELECT Title FROM Album
C) INIT (Album.*,Title)
D) GET Album.Title.*
21) What text field property displays a model or pattern for consistency when entering data?
A) IME Mode
B) Input Mask
C) Validation Rule
43) What can cause problems when using relationships?
A) multi-table forms
B) adding records
C) creating queries
D) deleting records
1) In a database of automobiles owned by employees, which of the following fields would best be chosen as the primary key?
47) A junction table is used when you have which type of table relationship?
25) If you have to store a large amount of text in a database (for example, notes on a complex product order) that could be more than a paragraph long, which one of the following field types would be most appropriate to use?
B) OLE Object
7) What does SQL stand for?
A) Strong Question Language
B) Significant Query Library
C) Structured Query Language
D) Single Question Language
13) An alphabetical sort from Z to A in any database system is a:
A) Ascending Sort
B) Reverse Ordered Sort
C) Descending Sort
D) Alphanumeric Sort
19) When an Access database is opened, you would like a “menu” to appear for the user to select from a list of the most popular/common database operations. This is called:
A) exclusive access
B) data entry
C) a switchboard
D) a query
10) Microsoft Access databases exist as a single file. If the database is moved to another folder, which one of the following errors will likely occur when the database file is opened?
A) CRC check has failed
B) Database index has corruption
C) Data Integrity has been violated
D) Active Content has been disabled
5) What is a series of commands which have been scripted for repetitive activities?
15) Which one of the following is not a vital, necessary part of most databases?
27) Which one of the following database data types would store a five megabyte picture file within a database?
A) PNG Object
B) OLE Object
9) Microsoft Access integrates tightly with SharePoint Services. SharePoint services:
A) create executable database files instead of native Access files
B) convert the database language to SQL
C) are more secure than ordinary file-sharing networks
D) allow a Microsoft Access database to be shared through a web browser
33) The default query type for Access is a(n) ______query.
8) Which one of the following feeds data into query results to produce requested information?
A) Tables and Forms
B) Forms and Reports
C) Modules and Macros
D) Tables and other queries
41) Which query function does not relate to an Access database for fields with numbers?
B) Standard Deviation
34) Which one of the following SQL Statements would update data in a database table?
24) You open up a database called “Southwest Traders” and enter a zip code in the format 60610. The database automatically converts it to the style 60610-0000. Which one of the following features is responsible for the conversion?
A) data integrity rules
B) data conversion wizard
C) input mask
D) data consistency macro
29) In Access, the ______Query Wizard lets you summarize large amounts of data using different calculations.
C) find unmatched
D) find duplicates
26) When inserting a new record into an Access database, you accidentally enter a duplicate primary key for a record and the software disallows the new record until a unique key is entered. Which one of the following data types should be used for the primary key to help solve this problem?
C) OLE Object
Send me a copy of my responses.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service