VAULT Festival New Writers Programme 2020 Application
The VAULT Festival New Writers Programme is an 8 week practical writing course taking place at VAULT Festival 2020 (28 January – 22 March) for prospective writers over the age of 18 who have never had a full-length play staged before. Absolute beginners are highly encouraged.
Please read the course information below carefully before applying to ensure you are eligible to participate in the course.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 5pm, Sunday 1st December 2019.
To apply for the VAULT Festival New Writers Programme you must:
- Be over the age of 18
- Have never had a full-length play staged before
- Have not received any professional training in writing for the stage
- Submit 5 pages of writing for the stage. Your writing submission can take any form, so long as it is intended to be performed on stage.
KEY COURSE INFORMATION
- Six successful applicants will be announced publicly as participants of the VAULT Festival New Writers Programme
- An introductory Meet & Greet event will be held at The Vaults in Waterloo in mid-January
- Participants will be expected to attend weekly workshops at VAULT Festival. Workshops will last approx. 3 hours and will run every Saturday morning from 10am-1pm, starting on Saturday 1st February 2020 and lasting 8 weeks.
- Optional weekly group show trips with post-show discussions will take place each week of the festival. Each participant will receieve a VAULT Festival pass which entitles them to complimentary tickets.
- Participants will develop a 1 hour play/piece of writing for the stage in their own time over the 8 weeks. Nick Hern Books will have first refusal over publishing and amateur-performance licensing for this play, or a longer version of it, pending further contractual agreement and payment of an advance against royalties.
- 10 minute extracts of all plays developed during the course will be guest directed, cast and rehearsed over the final week of the course (Tuesday 17th March - Saturday 21st March 2020). These extracts will then be presented as part of an exciting industry showcase performance on Sunday 22nd March 2020.
Successful applicants will be notified in mid-December.
If you have any questions, email:
Date of Birth
Please tell us a bit about yourself (where you’re from, what you like, what you’ve done, what you’d like to do, and so on). Max 300 words.
Why do you want to be a part of VAULT Festival New Writers Programme? (Max 300 words)
What appeals to you about writing for the stage, as opposed to other platforms? (Max 300 words)
How did you hear about the VAULT Festival New Writers Programme?
Please provide us with 5 pages of writing for the stage. Your writing submission can take any form, so long as it is intended to be performed on stage.
Please ensure your file is named using this template: FIRSTNAME_LASTNAME (for example CHARLIE_BROWN)
Upload your pages here:
I have uploaded 5 pages of a script for the stage to Dropbox
Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
VAULT Festival strives to be an Equal Opportunities Employer and to ensure that no person is unfairly discriminated against in its recruitment and selection policies and procedures.
This questionnaire is not obligatory, and the form is removed from the application before the shortlisting process. Information provided is used for monitoring purposes only.
Click this link to go to our Equal Opportunities Form -
I have filled out an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of The Heritage Arts Company.