Catechism Quiz 3C
Lesson 3 Quiz for Third Year students.
This quiz covers Large Catechism, p. 37-71.
Quiz is open book.
1. How does the Fourth Commandment give fatherhood and motherhood a special distinction above all positions?
It commands us to love our parents
It commands us to leave our parents when we turn 18
It commands us to treat our parents with pity
It commands us to honor our parents
2. How does the Large Catechism define honor for parents?
Modesty and humility
Submission to a majesty hidden in them
To regard them very highly, next to God
All of the above
3. What are the three kinds of fathers presented in the Fourth Commandment in the Large Catechism?
Fathers in blood; fathers in office; spiritual fathers
Birth fathers; step-fathers; adopted fathers
Fathers-in-fact; fathers-in-law; fathers-in-faith
Fathers; grandfathers; great-grandfathers
4. What is the entire sum of what it means not to murder?
We must harm no one, either with our hand or by deed
We must not use our tongue to instigate or counsel harm
We must not agree to use any means or methods by which another person may be injured
We must not be ill disposed toward anyone
All of the above
5. Why does God honor marriage and wish for us to honor marriage between a man and a woman?
It's the most beautiful day of a young woman's life
He instituted the estate of marriage before all others and blessed it to be fruitful and produce children
It's the best party you'll ever throw in your life
God no longer honors marriage
6. Why is marriage not only honorable, but also necessary?
It is not possible to remain chaste without marriage, unless you have a supernatural gift from God
The government says you must get married
Marriage isn't necessary, it's ok to live together without marriage
The marriage industry would collapse, and many people would be without a job
7. Mark all the ways in which a person can steal that is worse than burglary.
If you overcharge someone for work
If you are lazy and unfaithful in your work
If you try to sell bad merchandise
If you use false measures, weights, or coins
If you take advantage of someone at a store with clever tricks
8. The plainest meaning of the Eighth Commandment refers to:
The public courts of justice
Rumors on the school playground or lunchroom
Pointing out false doctrine
9. How does the Eighth Commandment extend further into spiritual jurisdiction and administration?
It forbids people in the world from speaking well of Christ and the Gospel
It commands pastors to be cruel and rude
It expects that all religions should be treated as equally true
It recognizes that God's Word will suffer in the most shameful and hateful manner, but encourages us to let it go--it is the way of the world
10. What is the "common evil plague" identified by the Large Catechism in the Eighth Commandment?
People lie to make themselves look better
Witnesses in court regularly commit perjury (lying under oath)
Everyone prefers hearing evil rather than good about his neighbor
Pastors make up all of the stuff that they say about Jesus
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service