Gain access to @O2K's webinar recording.
The @O2K January 2023 webinar was dedicated to the exploration of a major theme for central banks worldwide - central bank digital currencies (CBDC).
- Sarah Palurovic is an Executive Director at the Digital Euro Association. Ms. Palurovic is an economist and research assistant at the Frankfurt School Blockchain Center. Her focus is on executive education in blockchain and digital assets, specializing in the economics of cryptocurrencies and emerging business models. She graduated in international management with a double degree in Germany and Sweden.
- Petko Karamotchev is the Co-founder and CEO of INDUSTRIA, an enterprise blockchain/DLT consultancy, and development company. Mr. Karamotchev has 20 years of experience in financial services and enterprise IT and holds degrees from the University of Portsmouth, UK and Cotrugli Business School, Croatia. The company he is currently leading is an R3 partner. R3 is an enterprise blockchain software company developing Corda Enterprise, a commercial version of Corda for enterprise usage. R3 has also developed a Digital Currency Accelerator that enables central banks to simulate, develop and test, deploy and maintain a digital currency.
Watch the webinar recording to learn:
- What is a CBDCs?
- Why does the Eurozone need a Digital Euro?
- How will retail users and businesses benefit from the Digital Euro?
- What are the main technological challenges?
- Does a CBDC require a blockchain?
- What are the political/social challenges around a Digital Euro?
- Can privacy issues be addressed adequately?
- What are the differences between a crypto asset and a CBDC?
- What is the definition of a “well-designed” Digital Euro?
- Will the Digital Euro lead to further concentration of power in EU institutions and related intermediaries?
- Will a Digital Euro have any effects on ECB’s monetary policy?
- Does the Digital Euro portend the end of cash in the Eurozone?
- When will the Eurozone introduce a Digital Euro?
Fill-in the short form below and you will receive a link to the recording.