Liability Waiver and Release
The Volunteer hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress executes this Release under the following terms:
1. Release and Waiver. Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless Buffalo Snow Brigade and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, that arise or may hereafter arise from Volunteer's Activities with or on behalf of Buffalo Snow Brigade.
VOLUNTEER UNDERSTANDS THAT THIS RELEASE DISCHARGES BUFFALO SNOW BRIGADE FROM ANY LIABILITY OR CLAIM THAT THE VOLUNTEER MAY HAVE AGAINST BUFFALO SNOW BRIGADE WITH RESPECT TO ANY BODILY INJURY, PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM VOLUNTEER'S ACTIVITIES WITH OR ON BEHALF OF BUFFALO SNOW BRIGADE WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF BUFFALO SNOW BRIGADE OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS OR OTHERWISE. VOLUNTEER HEREBY INDEMNIFIES AND HOLD HARMLESS BUFFALO SNOW BRIGADE AND ITS SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION, DAMAGES, COSTS AND/OR EXPENSES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, IN PERPETUITY, THAT ARISE OUT OF OR ARE RELATED TO ANY WORK PERFORMED BY VOLUNTEER ON BEHALF OF BUFFALO SNOW BRIGADE. VOLUNTEER ALSO UNDERSTANDS THAT BUFFALO SNOW BRIGADE DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR OR OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE OR OTHER ASSISTANCE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MEDICAL, HEALTH, OR DISABILITY INSURANCE IN THE EVENT OF INJURY OR ILLNESS.
2. Medical Treatment. Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge Buffalo Snow Brigade from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with the Volunteer's Activities with and on behalf of Buffalo Snow Brigade.
3. Assumption of the Risk. The Volunteer understands that the Activities may involve work that may be hazardous to the Volunteer, including, but not limited to, shoveling & de-icing, shopping & delivery; driving; physical labor; lifting; cleaning; working with cleaning agents; exposure to potentially hazardous conditions; and transportation to and from the work sites. Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in the Activities, and releases Buffalo Snow Brigade from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the Activities.
4. Insurance. The Volunteer understands that, except as otherwise agreed to by Buffalo Snow Brigade in writing, Buffalo Snow Brigade does not carry or maintain health, medical, or disability insurance coverage for any Volunteer. Each Volunteer is expected and encouraged to obtain his or her own medical or health insurance coverage.
5. Other. Volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of New York, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. Volunteer also agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.
6. Electronic Signatures. Any signature (including any electronic symbol or process attached to, or associated with, a contract or other record and adopted by a Person with the intent to sign, authenticate or accept such contract or record) hereto or to any other certificate, agreement or document related to this transaction, and any contract formation or record-keeping through electronic means shall have the same legal validity and enforceability as a manually executed signature or use of a paper-based record keeping system to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, including the Federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, the New York State Electronic Signatures and Records Act, or any similar state law based on the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act, and the parties hereby waive any objection to the contrary.