Psychology Honors Program Application - Fall 2019
* There is no limit to the number of students we will accept into the cohort, however, approximately 25 students are usually accepted into the program each year.
* The program is a 2-year commitment comprised of honors courses PSYC 110, 111A, 111B, 194A/B/C. The program cannot be condensed nor can the courses be moved to different quarters.
* 194A/B/C culminates in an Honors thesis and poster presentation.
* A strong application will have an overall UC San Diego GPA of 3.3 (or 3.5 transfer GPA for first-quarter transfer students), a grade of B or better in PSYC 60: Introduction to Statistics (or its equivalent) and completion of all lower-division major courses. Though this is a common profile of a successful applicant, we have had Honors students with lower GPAs or lower grades in statistics provide other aspects of the application that are strong.
* List all courses in progress, and provide interim grades when possible.
* List course equivalents completed at another college or university.
* Students are notified of the status of their application on December 20, 2019. Please do not contact the office prior to this date to check on the status of your application as there is nothing to report.
* Sign up for Winter 2020 quarter courses as if you are not doing the Psychology Honors program — if admitted you will receive authorization to enroll in PSYC 110 and 111A at the beginning of winter quarter.
Application Due Date: Noon on Tuesday, November 26, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Kristi MacKenzie at
Page 1 of 13
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of UC San Diego.