Welcome to the OMC online application form.
The data submitted on this form will be stored in a secure database on the Google drive servers (which may be outside the European Economic area).
Before you start please read the terms and conditions below carefully and fill in your name and the date to confirm your acceptance.
2) The deadline for existing members to renew their subscription for 2019 is 18th February 2019, irrespective of the date they joined.
3) Membership fees for the 2019 membership year are as agreed at the AGM on 16th January 2019 as:£34.00 for single members £29.00 for the unwaged (full time student/ unemployed/ retired) 4) The membership fee includes a BMC affiliation fee of £14.25 per member, which is paid by the Club to the BMC. All members renewing in 2019 will be automatically granted “Club Member” status of the BMC. Club Members have the option of upgrading to full Individual Membership of the BMC at a discounted rate. Any member wishing to become an Individual Member by this means should do so by contacting the BMC directly. A summary of the benefits of BMC membership is available directly from the BMC (177-179 Burton Road, Manchester, M20 2BB or www.thebmc.co.uk ).
5) The following price breaks shall be available to new members joining part way through the 2018 membership year: New members joining after 1st July 2019: £17 (£12 for Student / Unwaged)New members joining after 1st October 2019: £8 (£3 for Student / Unwaged)
6) All club members must complete and sign a membership form.
7) Membership of the Club is conditional on the following:That you (the signatory) shall be aware that climbing and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death, and shall accept these risks.That you shall agree to be responsible for your own actions and involvement.That you shall agree to abide by the constitution of the Oxford Mountaineering Club, which can be viewed at http://www.oxfordmc.org.uk/constit.php and is available upon request from the Club Secretary.
8) If you provide an email address you will be invited to join the OMC Google Groups emailing forum and be able to post to and receive messages from other OMC members via this forum.
9) The OMC produces a Contacts List, which is periodically distributed to members to facilitate communication between members. If you tick the Contacts List box on page 1, your contact details (excluding next of kin data) will be included in this list. For Data Protection purposes members must agree to use the contacts list for personal use only, not to share, sell or distribute any information from the list and to use it only for purposes relating to the Club.
10) Emergency contact details will only be distributed to committee members and only used in the case of an emergency involving the member.
11) Title and Date of Birth details are collected for BMC membership/identification purposes only. The BMC also require the applicants name and address. The BMC will share this data with their insurance underwriter and, on demand, their insurance regulators.
12) Members may opt to receive the club newsletters by email or post.
13) Membership entitles you to preferential use of the club hut in North Wales at a discounted rate.