Our aspiration is to help players not currently in the 2018 NZ squads prepare for future national honours at the 2019 Oceania, 2020 World Championships and beyond.
Please read through this section carefully before filling in all sections of the form.
The closing date for applications is the 3rd December 2017 at 6pm
The cost of the camp is $300 for all players.
The cost of the camp includes; accommodation on Friday and Saturday nights, breakfast, lunch and evening meal on Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday, transport to and from lagoon and the Palmerston North Holiday Park.Players attending will receive a Development Camp t-shirt, this is ONLY for those attending the camp.
The cost of the camp excludes travel to and from camp although transport will be provided for those flying into and out of Wellington. NZCPA will arrange a van and boat transport for those player flying into Wellington.
Players from Northern, Mainland and Deep South regions my apply for a $100 travel subsidy. Please send request to email@example.com BEFORE the camp.
The primary method of communication will be via a Facebook closed group;NZCPA Road to 2019-2022 Development.
Information may also be shared by email and through our website; www.nzcanoepolo.org.nz It will be your responsibility to check for information and keep yourself up to speed with the information shared.
The camp is limited to 60 players, hopefully 30 each male and female. We will have a number of elite coaches at the camp offering a wide range of skills and advice. Area's covered (but not limited too) will include specialist training is the following: Goalie/ Physical preparation/ Gym/ Mental skills/ Tactics/ speed work/ boat skills
At the end of the camp we plan to announce a boys and a girls NZ Development Team, these teams will be invited to play at the Atahua Cup in Palmerston North on the 3rd and 4th February 2018.
Payment is required before the 24th December 2017.
PARENTS, please contact me directly if you are able to help out with the organisation and/or running of the camp. Many hands make light work and will also help us deliver a hugely beneficial camp for our stars of the future.
Please email the Squads Director at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
The Squad Manager will also contact this person to confirm you are financially affiliated to the New Zealand Canoe Polo Association as part of the application process.
• Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others.
• Do not engage in any form of abuse, harassment, discrimination, or victimisation towards others.
• Be fair, considerate and honest in all dealings with others.
• Accept responsibility for your actions.
• Be aware of and maintain adhesion to rules, guidelines, and policies.
• Never argue with or verbally abuse an official. Always use the appropriate rules and guidelines to resolve a dispute.
• Do not use obscene language.
• Conduct yourself in a sportsman-like manner and respect fellow players, coaches, managers,officials, and the achievement of opponents.
• Cooperate with your coach, managers, and team mates.
• Comply with training, competition, curfew, and behaviour requirements directed by New Zealand Canoe Polo while in camp and on tour.
• Do not engage in sexual behaviour while in camp or on tour.
• Do not possess or consume prohibited substances while in camp and on tour.
• Do not consume or purchase alcohol and tobacco while in camp or on tour without the agreement of the manager and coach.
• Be a positive role model.
• Have respect for New Zealand Canoe Polo property and the property of others.
• Never act in a way that may bring disrepute or disgrace to New Zealand Canoe Polo, its members, stakeholders, and sponsors/potential sponsors.
I agree to abide by all relevant clauses in the Selection and Squad Guidelines. I understand that I am obliged to pay my share of all Squad costs, and have an understanding of the magnitude of those costs.