Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board Information and Communications Release Form
This information is collected under the Authority of the Education Act and Regulations for the purpose of maintaining student records and administering schools. To be used by Principals, Teachers, Support Staff, Supervisory Officers and others responsible for the care of your child. On-line digital tools and resources will be used in accordance with Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board's roles, responsibilities, guidelines and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) legislation for the purpose of education. If you have any questions, please contact the School Principal.
School Name *
1. I give permission for my child and my child's image, artwork, articles and school projects to be included in items such as the following: school/school board publications (e.g. newsletters, yearbooks), websites, social media, videos and videoconferencing. *
2. I give permission for the news media to interview my child, publish or broadcast photos or videos of my child, and/or publicize my child's schoolwork. *
3. KPRDSB uses the SchoolMessenger application to contact families regarding school and board-related activities, such as student events and attendance, using parents' or guardians' phone number and email. Under Canada's anti-spam legislation ("CASL"), the Kawartha Pine Ridge Distrcit School Board cannot send you electronic messages, which are commercial in nature without your consent. This includes invitations to purchase school photographs, spirit wear, yearbooks, pizza days, field trips, etc. Please answer yes or no to the following: I give consent to receive electronic messges from Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board, including its schools and school councils. I understand that I can set communication preferences in the SchoolMessenger application and that my consent to receive these messages can be revoked at any time by contacting the school office. *Choosing NO means that you may miss vital, board-wide information on issues such as pandemic planning. *
If yes to question #3, please provide your email address:
4. Teachers may wish to take a class on walking trips in the area of the school. Teachers carefully plan and supervise these walking trips, so that they are appropriate for the students' age and grade level. I give permission for my child to participate in such walking trips. *
5. Please note that each school has its own guidelines related to students leaving school property at lunch. As a result, the following question may not apply to all schools or students. I give permission for my child to leave school property during the lunch break every day during the school year. (Notes for occasional days when parents give permission for students to leave school at lunch will be required.)
Clear selection
6. I give permission for the reciprocal exchange of information between the school and the onsite child care program, including but not limited to, matters involving your child's educational supports, attendance, health and safety, transportation or behaviour.
Clear selection
CLARINGTON REGION ONLY - Potassium Iodide (KI) Pill information
In the event of an accident at the Darlington Nuclear Station, radioactive emissions may occur. One type of radioactive material which may be released are radioiodines. If radioiodines are inhaled, they are absorbed by the thyroid gland (a small organ located at the front of the neck, at the base of the throat). The ingestion of potassium iodide (KI) pill will minimize the amount of radioiodine absorbed by the thyroid.
It is expected there will be plenty of time to close the school and evacuate your child before any radiation exposure occurs. However, a decision has been made to pre-distribute potassium iodide (KI) pills to all schools within a 10 km radius of the nuclear generating stations. All Principals have been instructed that the issue of these pills is subject to Provincial Authorization.
There may be some reaction to potassium iodide pills for individuals allergic to iodine. For this reason, it is important for parents to notify the school if they suspect or know their child may have an allergic reaction.
For questions regarding thyroid blocking and potassium iodide, please contact the Regional Municipality of Durham Health Department at 905-668-7711 ext. 3195.
I grant permission for my son/daughter to be administrered a potassium iodide (KI) pill
Clear selection
My son/daughter is allergic to iodine
Clear selection
Parent/Guardian Comments
Student First Name *
Student Last Name *
Parent name *
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board. Report Abuse