1. EXCLUSIVITY CLAUSE: Due to blatant historical encroachment by Hollyweb and to ensure a unique festival experience for LAWEBFEST entries, we created an Exclusivity Clause. By applying to LAWEBFEST, you are agreeing to not participate in any other LOS ANGELES BASED WEB SERIES FESTIVALS 30 days before or after our event. According to U.S. law, NO FESTIVAL (not Cannes, Sundance, Hollyweb, etc) can screen your work against your will. So if you are told otherwise, it is your responsiblity to stand up for your creative rights/ copyright (that you own) and demand that your wishes be honored. If we learn that your series is in violation of our Exclusivity Clause, you will have a 72-hour window to remove your show from Hollyweb’s website. If you don’t comply, we will remove your series from our festival along with any award nominations. Any pre-purchases (entry fees, fest passes or tickets, award show tix; trailer park, ad and promotion buys) WILL NOT be refunded.
2. SUBMISSION FORM: COMPLETE ALL ITEMS THAT APPLY TO YOUR SHOW (i.e., city & state & country, not just one or two of three). Unless a mispelling, NO CHANGES CAN BE MADE (NO CREDIT ADDITIONS/SUBTRACTIONS) 7 days after applying. NO EXCEPTIONS. So PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL SHOW INFO IS THOROUGH/ACCURATE.
3. LAWEBFEST DECIDES WHAT TO SCREEN: We base our entry decision by watching your entire series. So please don’t try to pick what you’d like us to consider, especially if you get in. This will limit your chances of getting in and any potential award nominations. Should your show be accepted, we’ll let you know which 2-4 episodes (depending on the length of your episodes) we will show in Los Angeles. Now, if you’re a returning series sharing your latest season, that's a different story. We will consider that season over your prior one(s).
4. ATTENDANCE: Though not mandatory for acceptance into the festival, preference is given to shows committed to attending LAWEBFEST over those that are not.
5. NO REFUNDS: Even if you change your mind same day you apply. No exceptions.