Crack WBCS Exam - Official Mock 5
1)Which text provides us a list of 16 Mahajanapadas of 6th century BCE?
2)How many Tirthankars were there in ancient India?
3)The highly polished monolithic Ashokan pillars were carved out of single pieces of a buff-coloured sandstone, usually mined from the quarries of
Chunar near Mirzapur
Lauriya in Nandangarh
Sarnath near Varanasi
Udaygiri near Bhubaneswar
4)The name Dharmashoka was found in the
5)Who was first historical emperor of India?
6)According to Buddhism the cause of all sorrows is
7)Which Rock edict of Ashoka deals with Ashoka's conversion to Buddhism?
Nigalisagar pillar inscription
13th Rock edict
Bhabru pillar inscription
8) The destruction of the Mauryan empire was followed by a series of invasions, and the first to invade India were the
9)Who among the following anticipated Newton by declaring that all things gravitate to the earth?
10)Lord Buddha was born in
11)Antiochus-1 was contemporary of
12)Last ruler of Haryanka dynasty?
13)Dipavamsha was written in
14)Where was the first Jain council held in?
15)who recently discovered ancient Buddhist relics buried under the ground of central Asia?
16) The 'Chilka lake region' lies in between the deltas of:
Ganga and Mahanadi
Godavari and Krishna
Mahanadi and Godavari
Krishna and Cauvery
17) Which of the following River is known as the Dakshina Ganga ?
18) Which of the following matched correctly ?
Nagarjuna Sagar - River Krishna
Kararpara Project - River Koshi
Matalia Project - Chambal
Tawa Project -River Satlej
19) Which of the following is not Pennisular River of India ?
20) By which name does the Brahmaputra enter into India?
21) The Tibetan river 'Tsangpo' enters India through the State of:
22) Near the lake Mansarovar in Tibet, the river which has its source is/are:
All of these
23) Which of the following is an inland drainage area?
Rann of Kutch
24) The longest river of peninsular India is :
25) In which state is Jog Falls located?
26) The Bhakra Nangal Multipurpose Project is a joint venture of
Punjab and Haryana only
Punjab, Haryana and Rajasthan only
Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan and Himachal Pradesh
Punjab and Himachal Pradesh only
27) Wular lake of Kashmir is a :
Ox- bow lake
Lake formed by blocking of ice
Lake formed by terminal morainic dam
Lake formed by deposition of silt
28) Aizawl is situated on which of the following River Bank ?
29) Lake Sambhar is nearest to which one of the following cities of Rajasthan? [IAS 2004]
30) Which one of the following east flowing rivers of India forms rift valley due to downwarping?
31) Under which Article of the Constitution are the Cultural and Educational Rightsgranted?
Article 29 and 31
Article 29 and 32
Article 29 and 30
Article 30 and 31
32) Which constitutional amendment act (2015) deals with land transferbetween India and Bangladesh
33) Right to Constitutional Remedies comes under:
34) If an Indian citizen is denied a public office because of his religion, which of thefollowing Fundamental Rights is denied to him?
Right to Freedom
Right to Equality
Right to Freedom of Religion
Right against Exploitation
35) Prohibition of discrimination on grounds of religion etc. (Article 15 of the Constitutionof India) is a Fundamental Right classifiable under: [IAS 1995]
the Right to Freedom of Religion
the Right against Exploitation
the Cultural and Educational Rights
the Right to Equality
36) Untouchability is abolished and its practice is punishable according to :
37) Which articles deals with right to constitutional remedies—
38) How many Fundamental duties at present?
39) Which of the following is not a condition for becoming a citizen of India?
40) Who is competent to prescribe conditions as for acquiring Indian citizenship? [AssttGrade 1992]
41) Citizenship provisions are enshrined in the Constitution in :
Part II, Articles 5-11
Part II, Articles 5-6
Part I, Articles 5-11
42) Indian citizenship of a person can be terminated if: 1. a person voluntarily acquires the citizenship of some other country. 2. a person who has become a citizen through registration is sentenced to imprisonment fornot less than 10 years within five years of his registration. 3. the Government of India is satisfied that citizenship was obtained by fraud. 4. a person who is a citizen by birth indulges in trade with an enemy country during war.
I and III
I, II and III
I, III and IV
I, II, III and IV
43) Which of the following is correct about the Fundamental Duties? I. These are not enforceable. II. They are primarily moral duties. III. They are not related to any legal rights.
I, II and III
I and III
II and III
I and II
44) Fundamental duties have been added in the Constitution by 42nd Amendment Act, 1976in accordance with the recommendations of:
Swaran Singh Committee
Indira Gandhi Committee
45) Which Article of the Constitution of India says, 'No child below the age of fourteenyears shall be employed to work in any factory or mine or engaged in any otherhazardous employment’?
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service