Following our Parish Life Survey in 2022 the Parish Pastoral Council invited parishioners to join one of our Commissions to create goals based on the survey data and feedback. The Commissions met over a 3-month period to develop the following goals and provide suggested objectives to Parish Council.
Read the proposed goals for each Commission at this link: bit.ly/parishgoals
The next step is to create plans and activities to meet these goals. We invite parishioners
to join one of our Committees to move forward with planning and implementation. To volunteer, please complete this Interest Form.
Each Committee will set their own schedule for meetings and reporting to Parish Council.
OUR FIVE COMMITTEES
* Catechesis & Faith Formation - Develop among parishioners a desire to deepen their understanding and commitment to our faith as a way of life, foster a recognition that lifelong spiritual growth is the foundation of our entire lives and parish community. Create ways to integrate faith formation into parish life: religious education program, youth ministry, adult ed, and RCIA. Encourage people to consider priesthood, the diaconate, religious life, and lay leadership. Themes: Youth group, Faith formation, Adult education
* Community Outreach - Foster a sense of belonging and strengthen a sense of community among parishioners. Deepen within parishioners the desire and ability to reach out to people hurting within their daily lives. Foster outreach to the poor and marginalized. Educate parishioners on social justice issues and best practices. Themes: Communication, Engagement, Belonging, Outreach
* Liturgical Life - Educate/invite parishioners into a deeper understanding and experience of various liturgies, especially celebration of the Eucharist. Create a lively presence from all age groups. Focus upon liturgical preparation, music, art, and environment as well as ongoing formation of liturgical ministers: musicians, greeters, lectors, servers. Themes: Music, Mass times, Involvement.
* Evangelization - Form active Catholics to better live and share their faith in daily life. Outreach to inactive Catholics – especially young adults, parents of religious education students, former parishioners, those who are hurting, isolated or unchurched, people in the surrounding North Pocono area. Continue an active involvement in local ecumenical and interfaith endeavors. Themes: Community, Connection
* Stewardship - Assist parishioners to develop a sense of stewardship – sharing their time, talent, treasure as a way of life in the parish and in their overall life. Develop ways to involve people in various parish ministries, organizations, and short-term projects based upon their specific gifts Strengthen a sense of community among parishioners. Themes: Transparency, Involvement