Aggression (verbal or nonverbal) is a trait which is enhanced by alcohol consumption. However, once again, this is not to say that every individual will use aggression whilst under the influence of alcohol. Another aim of this study is to differentiate between personality types, which are more likely to use aggression whilst drinking between those who are not, as well is the influence of gender.
You will be expected to complete five questionnaires in total. You shall first complete the alcohol use questionnaire (10 items). The first three shall measure your personality – Big 5 Personality (50 items), Impulsivity (30 items), and Sensation-seeking (40 items). Then, you shall complete the ARAQ (alcohol-induced aggression) questionnaire (28 items). Each survey consists of multiple-choice questions which you are required to complete in one sitting.
The study should take no longer than 30 minutes to complete. Please note that you are not obliged to finish the questionnaire once started if you feel any discomfort. If this is the case, please inform the researcher (email address provided below) and 'submit'.
1. I understand that my participation is voluntary and that I may withdraw from the research at any time up until 30th March 2014 without giving any reason.
2. I am aware of what my participation will involve.
3. I shall respond to all questions as truthfully and accurately as I can.
4. My data are to be held confidentially (locked in a filing cabinet) and only the researcher (Aakriti Singh) and her supervisor (Dr. Vincent Egan) will have access to them.
5. I understand that my data shall only be used to observe general patterns or results, not specific scores.
6. This study will take approximately one month to complete.
7. I will be able to obtain general information about the results of this research by contacting the researcher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am giving my consent for data to be used for the outlined purposes of the present study.
All questions that I have about the research have been satisfactorily answered.