Year 5 Numeracy Assessment
1. Which one of the following gives an answer of 64?
2. These marbles are placed in a bag.
Poppy reaches into the bag and takes out a marble without looking. Which type of marble is she MOST LIKELY to take out?
3. Emily had these Crayons.
She gave half of them away. How many did Emily keep?
4. This table shows what four students had for breakfast.
Who had both fruit and milk as part of their breakfast?
5. How many days are there in 5 weeks?
6. Dan has a window with four shapes on it.
The shapes can be seen from both sides of the window. How would the window look when viewed from the other side?
7. Which set of coins shows the same amount of money as the coins below
8. Suzie has 75 football cards. She puts them in piles of 5. How many piles of football cards does Suzie have?
9. Kate built a tower using blocks of the same size. There were six blocks in the top three layers.
How many blocks did Kate put in the bottom two layers altogether?
10. Micah has $5.55 in his pocket. His Dad gives him $4.65. How much does Micah have now?
11. An animal shelter uses a table to determine how much cat food to buy. They notice that there is a pattern in the numbers in the table.
Using this pattern, how much cat food should they buy if they have 3 cats in the shelter?
12. Erin has some oranges cut into halves. She is counting by halves to find how many oranges she has.
Which number comes next as she counts?
13. Mr Miller asked his class a question. He made this graph to show the data.
Which question could Mr Miller have asked?
How old is your pet?
How many pets do you have?
What type of pets do you have?
What is your pets favourite number?
14. A Gardener grew 186 carrots. One night, rabbits ate some of the carrots. The next morning, there were only 152 carrots left. How many did the rabbits eat?
15. Jackson owns a bookshop that has: Twelve thousand and sixty three fiction books Four thousand, three hundred and two non fiction books. Write these as numbers in the box below
16. Archie's rectangular bedroom has a length of 4 meters and a width of 3 meters. He wants to put one of these rugs on his bedroom floor.
Which rug will fit in Archie's room?
17. Mira needs to measure the amount of medicine to give to her son. Which of these units of measurement would be the most helpful?
18. On the map below, in which direction is the memorial statue from the museum?
19. A company has 9603 televisions in a warehouse. A truck delivers another 542 televisions to the warehouse. Which of these could be used to calculate the correct number of televisions in the warehouse?
20. Ava's water bottle holds 5/10 of a litre of water.
Which is another way to write 5/10 of a litre?
21. In January a toy shop sold 320 toy cars. In February, the toyshop sold 561 toy cars. Which number sentence shows how many more toy cars were sold in February than in January?
? + 561 = 320
320 + 561 = ?
? - 561 = 320
561 - 320 = ?
22. Jacob uses balls and sticks to make a model of a square pyramid. Each stick is the same length.
He decides to change his pyramid into a cube. How many more balls and sticks will he need to make the cube?
23. Oscar followed these instructions to create a drawing: 1. Draw a shape with 5 equal sides. 2. Use one of the sides of this shape to draw another shape with 4 sides. Draw a line of symmetry through your completed drawing. Which of these did he draw?
24. Cassie earned $15 each time she walked the neighbours' dogs. She walked 2 different neighbours' dogs 4 times each. How much money did Cassie earn?
25. Ben, Felix and Victor are weighing their apples.
Victor's apple weighs more than Ben's apple, but less then Felix's apple. Which of these could be the weight of Victor's apple?
26. A scone recipe includes 2/3 cup of milk. Which of the following represents the same amount of milk?
27. This bottle holds 5 glasses of water
Which of the following holds the most water?
28. Lara has 74 toothpicks. She uses 8 toothpicks to make two small squares.
What is the largest number of small squares like this that Lara can make with her 74 toothpicks?
29. Bob counts the number of frogs in three ponds. Croaker Pond has 12 frogs. Hurbert pond has 3 frogs North pond has 6 frogs. In each picture graph below a picture of a frog equals 3 frogs. Select the picture graph that shows the number of frogs Bob counts.
30. Silvia uses the number sentence 24 x 8 = 192 to solve a problem. Which of the following could be the problem?
Silvia buys 24 concert tickets. How much does each ticket cost?
Sivia spends $24 on 192 concert tickets. How much money does she spend?
Silvia buys 8 concert tickets that cost $24 each. How many tickets does she buy?
Silvia buys 8 concert tickets that cost $24 each. How much money does she spend?
31. The cans in Chelsea's pantry are shown
Chelsea decides to make a graph where each bar represents one type of can in her pantry.
Chelsea makes an error when creating the graph. What should Chelsea do to correct the error?
Make each category bar a different colour
Change the title to 'number of cans in the pantry by size'
Change the 'number of cans' label to 'height of cans'
Remove the 'fruit' category since apples and pears are already shown.
32. Lola made these solid prisms out of centimeter cubes. Which prism has the largest volume?
33. Jim's toy cars are orange or blue or red. He has 6 more orange cars than blue cars, 4 fewer blue cars than red cars, 11 red cars How many cars does Jim have in total?
34. A machine contains red, blue, yellow and green gumballs.
John buys one gumball from the machine. Which of the following COULD BE the probability that the gumball John buys is blue?
35. Mona is selling chocolates as a fundraiser for her athletics club. Each chocolate sold raises $2.50 for the club. She sells 40 chocolates. How much money does Mona raise for the athletics club?
36. A company produces pipes in various lengths. The most common lengths are 650 millimeters, 60 centimeters, 160 centimeters, 0.655 meters and 1.5 meters. Which pipe is the longest?
37. A new bicycle costs $135. Rajesh has $47. Which two number sentences can be solved to find the amount of money Rajesh still needs to buy the bicycle?
$135 - $47 = ?
$135 + $47 = ?
$47 + ? = $135
? - $47 = $135
38. Omar stacks two boxes of different height. The total height of the stack is 1.5 meters. The height of the taller box is twice that of the shorter box. What is the height of the shorter box in centimeters?
39. Which of these numbers has a 0 in the thousandths place?
40. Joe takes 35 minutes to walk from home to hockey training. Last week he arrived at training at 5:10pm, which was 15 minutes late. At what time should Joe leave home to arrive at hockey training on time?
41. Tia is hiking and sees this sign post.
How many METRES is it from the car park to the camp site?
42. Jane and Ken are standing in a line to buy tickets. There are 6 people between Jane and Ken. 18 people in front of Jane, including Ken. 13 people behind Ken including Jane. In total how many people are there in the line?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Bourchier Street Primary School.
Terms of Service