As a member of the Special Education Community Advisory Committee (CAC) you will be part of a collaborative partnership composed of parents of children with special needs, parents of general education students, educators, and community agencies
working together to support activities on behalf of students with special
needs. We hope to get to know you as we share experiences, resources and
strategies to support and advocate for our children. Your membership will be
valid for 5 years.
CAC General Meetings followed by a parent presentation on the following dates,
at 9:30 a.m. at the IUSD Learning Center @ Creekside, Room 5 (3387 Barranca Parkway, Irvine CA 92606)
Other Parent Presentations and Training Sessions
- September 15, 2022 - Preparing & Participation in the Facilitated IEP Process in IUSD
- November 17, 2022 - Assessments, SMART goals and Staff Roles in IUSD
- February 16, 2023 - Transitions, Placement & Programs in IUSD
- May 25, 2023 - Inclusive Practices in IUSD
- October 24, 2022 - 9:30am - IUSD Learning Center @ Creekside, Room 1 - Limited Conservatorship & Special Needs Trust Presentation by Weily Yang, Esq.
- March 29, 2022 - 6:00pm - IUSD Learning Center @ Creekside, Room 1 - Limited Conservatorship & Special Needs Trust Presentation by Weily Yang, Esq.
- April 17, 2023 - 9:30am - IUSD Learning Center @ Creekside, Room 5 - Disability Benefits Presentation by SCD
Every 4th Friday of the month from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m on the side patio at Panera Bread off Barranca and Culver.
*Become a SpEd Campus Rep at your child's school, promoting and working with the
school administration to support CAC initiatives. Email email@example.com for more information.
**Stay connected and follow us on Instagram at cac_iusd. Thank you for your
advocacy and taking the time to join us!