1. Entrants must hold degrees (undergraduate or graduate) from the University of Minnesota School of Journalism & Mass Communication
2. Nominees must be under 40 years of age by the time of nomination
3. Nominees should have achieved an extraordinary level of success and accomplishment in their early careers.
3. University of Minnesota staff and faculty and current SJMC Alumni Society Board Members are not eligible
4. The nomination committee will choose at least two winners, representing the two tracks at SJMC: professional journalism and strategic communication; there will be one winner from each track.
Award will be presented at SJMC's annual Spring Showcase: A Celebration of Excellence event at McNamara Alumni Center. The 2017 event will be held April 19, 2017.
Nominations will be accepted until Friday, Jan. 13, 2017.