Join the PA Youth Advocacy Network's - PA Student Mental Health Advocacy Committee this school year! The Committee will be meeting weekly to take advocacy actions around the youth-led policy platform found here: https://www.payouthadvocacy.org/_files/ugd/7180f8_576dda57fb4a4415bb47017a042cc398.pdf
. Teens are welcome to join anytime during the school year.
Possible projects include: Meeting with state legislator, planning advoacacy workshops, working on creative advocacy campaigns and social media activism, creating a mental health magazine, partnering with mental health and youth focused organziation across the Commonwealth, and other ideas you may bring to the group.
- Participation is flexible based on your schedule.
- Meetings are weekly and organized by focus areas
- Teen-led with opportunities to create tools for teens, guide change in the state and locally, and connect with changemakers
- Follow your passion to enact change
The committee will have a weekly meeting structure that has the following focus areas with two teen co-leads to guide direction of the group. You are welcome to join all groups or just one group.
Subfocus Meetings: These are working meeting to divide up tasks and will be occuring Tuesdays 4:45-5:15pm during the Spring semester.
Full Committee Meeting: Full group meets to connect iniatives and learn about and support the work of each group and member of the committee. Generate new goals and priorities. Will meet once a month for an hour on Sunday 5-6pm.
- Legislative & Policy: Focuses on legislative advocacy and policy priorities.
- Communications & Creative Advocacy: Focuses on developing communications campaigns like instagram, Tiktoks, website design, and developing creative arts opportunities.
- Youth Outreach and Education: Focues on forming partnerships, outreaching to new youth, developing toolkits, and conducting reasearch.
We will need parent or guardian information and permission for participation in the working group. We will be using Docusign digital permission slips, or signed and scanned paper copies (available upon request).