To register, you must provide us with the information required and have read ALL the guidelines.
Where: Shasta County Court HouseJury Room – Room 1171500 Court Street, Redding, CA 96001
Go through the front door of the court house, through the metal detectors, and straight back the hallway to Room 117 (Jury Room).
Time: Arrive between 5:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. for processing. The doors close promptly at 6:00 p.m. You will not be admitted if you arrive after 6:00 p.m. The program ends at 8pm.
A Sobering Choice Victim Impact Panel Presentation Guidelines
1. We reserve the right to deny entry and/or to remove you from the course if any of the guidelines are not met. You will not receive a refund. **NOTE: Please be advised that registration will be videotaped.
2. You cannot be under the influence of alcohol or other drugs, including marijuana. You will be asked to take a breathalyzer test. Registering on the breathalyzer will result in ejection from the presentation and the court will be notified.
3. Please leave relatives, guests, children, and teenagers at home as only court-ordered attendees will be admitted. If you are getting a ride, ask your ride to be back at 8:00 p.m. to pick you up.
4. Proof of identity is required. (We need one form of photo i.d. – driver’s license, DMV I.D. card, passport, bank card with photo, etc. OR two forms of signature i.d. – credit card, social security card, utility bill in your name, birth certificate, etc.)
5. All cell phones and other electronic devices must be turned off during the program.
6. No eating, drinking, sleeping, reading, talking, etc. is allowed during the panel presentation.
7. Please do not bring water bottles, other beverages or food with you. If time allows, we will take a break about half way through the evening. If we do take a break, you will have access to drinking fountains.
8. Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
9. The panel will last approximately 2 hours. You will check in and pay the fee, hear the presentation, and fill out a pre/post survey. You will be given your certificate of completion and payment receipt to keep for your own records.
10. ** Cost for the session is $25 **. NO personal checks or credit cards for payment will be accepted. CASH AND MONEY ORDERS ONLY. If you pay by money order, please have money order made out to the Chemical People. However, most people choose to pay by cash and avoid the additional fee of a money order.
11. If, after registering, you discover that date will not work for you, we ask that you call us to cancel or re-schedule. (We appreciate a 24 hour – or one business day notice.) If we don’t hear from you, and you don’t attend, you will be charged an additional fee when you do attend.• If you miss 1 session, you will be charged an additional $10.00 and the base fee.• If you miss 2 sessions, you will be charged an additional $15.00 plus the base fee.• If you miss 3 sessions, you will be charged an additional $20.00 plus the base fee and your probation officer and/or the court will be notified.
To reserve a date for the VIP presentation, please register below OR call (530) 241-5958.
If you have read ALL the guidelines, check the box below. You CANNOT register unless you have READ ALL the guidelines. Please refer back to ASC website if you have not read the guidelines. *