REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATE'S ELIGIBILITY:1. Must have attained the age of 21 years by the date of the award.
2. Must have been a resident of Culpeper for at least three years immediately prior to the date of the award.
3. Shall not be eligible to receive the award more than once.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF RECIPIENT:1.The recipient shall be selected on the basis of his or her contribution to society, whether such contribution is made individually or through various organizations. Sex, race, color or creed shall not be a factor in the selection.
2. Contributions to society may be in the form of service or assistance rendered to individuals or to groups on a community, county or statewide basis and the emphasis shall be on achievements resulting in benefits rendered to their fellow men on a community, county or statewide basis.
3. Service or community work of any kind carried on during the past shall be considered provided that the particular activities were projected to within five years prior to the granting of the award.
4. Activities resulting in any form of monetary gain to a candidate shall not be considered.
5. The primary consideration shall be basic effectiveness of service and leadership which results in tangible accomplishment. The mere volume and number of activities in which an individual participates shall not be a primary factor.