The closing date for applications is 31st August 2017
Please answer all sections.
At this stage we are looking at holding up to 7 training camps / compulsory events for both Mens and Womens Squads, the cost of these camps will be $200.
The first Womens camp will be held in Otaki on the 16th and 17th September.It is likely that the first Mens camp will be around a similar date.
We are projecting a ball park budget of $8,000 for the tour.Further details of training camps, details of the tour and budgets will be shared once coaches and managers have been appointed.
Players can look to apply to their clubs for funding to offset some of these costs.
You should read; http://nzcanoepolo.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/2018-World-Championships-Campaign-Overview.pdf
You may also wish to make yourself familiar with the various documents which can be found at; nzcanoepolo.org.nz/resources-landing-page/policy-and-guidelines/
The primary method of communication will be via 2 Facebook closed groups;Paddle Ferns 2018 World ChampionshipsPaddle Blacks 2018 World ChampionshipsInformation will also be shared by email and though our website; nzcanoepolo.org.nzIt will be your responsibility to check for information and keep yourself up to speed with the information shared.
Please email the Squads Director at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
The Squad Manager will also contact this person to confirm you are financially affiliated to the New Zealand Canoe Polo Association as part of the application process.
• Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others.
• Do not engage in any form of abuse, harassment, discrimination, or victimisation towards others.
• Be fair, considerate and honest in all dealings with others.
• Accept responsibility for your actions.
• Be aware of and maintain adhesion to rules, guidelines, and policies.
• Never argue with or verbally abuse an official. Always use the appropriate rules and guidelines to resolve a dispute.
• Do not use obscene language.
• Conduct yourself in a sportsman-like manner and respect fellow players, coaches, managers,officials, and the achievement of opponents.
• Cooperate with your coach, managers, and team mates.
• Comply with training, competition, curfew, and behaviour requirements directed by New Zealand Canoe Polo while in camp and on tour.
• Do not engage in sexual behaviour while in camp or on tour.
• Do not possess or consume prohibited substances while in camp and on tour.
• Do not consume or purchase alcohol and tobacco while in camp or on tour without the agreement of the manager and coach.
• Be a positive role model.
• Have respect for New Zealand Canoe Polo property and the property of others.
• Never act in a way that may bring disrepute or disgrace to New Zealand Canoe Polo, its members, stakeholders, and sponsors/potential sponsors.
I agree to abide by all relevant clauses in the Selection and Squad Guidelines. I understand that I am obliged to pay my share of all Squad costs, and have an understanding of the magnitude of those costs.